PDA

View Full Version : shortness of breath

eddy1608
05-09-11, 20:35
hi this is my first post i was first told by my doctor i was suffering from panic and anxiety around 3 yrs ago i was put on a anti depressant but was changed a while later because i lost a lot of weight and things improved but then around 5 months ago i started getting short of breath for no reason so i went to the doctors and they said it was my asthma playing up just take my blue inhaler as needed, that didnt help so went back again and i have suffered from hayfever before and recently i went for a test and im allergic to mould spores and mixed pollens, so i tryed a anti histamine but didnt really notice a change then i went back to the doctors and the changed my inhaler but still the same problem then about 3 weeks ago i was in my room and started feeling short of breath and began to panic and it got so bad i went up the hospital my asthma was fine and he said it was my anxiety so i went back to the doctors the next day and they put me on a higher dose of the same tablets and gave me a 1mg tablet to put under my tounge if needed which i havent used because sometimes i panic about taking tablets also im low on folic acid, vit c and a few b vitamins, will this ever get any better?? i no its down to me to change it but any help and advice would be greatly welcomed. i aslo see a counciler
thanks for reading

bottleblond
05-09-11, 20:44
Anxiety makes the adrenaline pump faster which inturn makes us breath alot quicker. There was a point for me, about three years ago now that i was so scared to go upstairs in my house because i would get so breathless and i would end up having a panic attack. My heart would be racing, i would be sweating, shaking ect but it was pure anxiety. I did at that time have my medication increased and it helped me loads and i found everything slowly easing back to normal.

It's alot easier said that done to say you know you are the only one who can change this because sometimes the breathing goes when we feel quite relaxed. Back then, i started doing breathing excersises which would make me realise when i was starting to get anxious anough for my breathing to get faster.

When you feel like this, just stop and take some slow deep breaths and remind yourself that it won't harm you in any way.

Lisa
xx
:hugs:

eddy1608
06-09-11, 17:04
thanks fr you input its much appreciated.
:)
im hoping the increase in meds and knowing nothing will hurt me will help im also going to start doing yoga as a few people have had good things to say about it.
thanks again