PDA

View Full Version : still cant stop worrying about veins on feet

swgrl09
05-09-11, 22:23
I still keep worrying about the thread veins visible on the inside of my foot, just below the ankle. I keep worrying that they are caused by a blood clot. When I looked online, it said it could be a sign of a deep vein thrombosis. I worry because I am at a higher risk for that because I have been on a birth control pill for years. They have been getting worse over the summer.

I'm seeing a doctor in a week, but I just need some reassurance to get me through until then. If its a blood clot, it could break free!

swgrl09
05-09-11, 22:24
I'm only 23 too.

dorothy1983
05-09-11, 23:00
If it is a clot, the area is likely to be tender and warm to the touch, and slightly raised or bumpy.
It is probably just small varicose veins or thread veins caused by the heat (haha!!?) of the summer, and/or being on your feet a lot. It is EXTREMELY uncommon to have a DVT at your age unless you are immobile (And I mean really immobile as in bed-bound for the majority of the day), and even less so in the absence of any risk factors such as pregnancy, obesity, smoking, family history etc.