PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram & Travel

Basha
14-05-06, 21:15
Hi;

I'm heading back to Canada this week to see my family and friends for the first time in a year and a half! I can't wait!

Just wanted some advice. In Canada, it is five hours behind the UK, and wondering about how I should adjust to taking my meds. I normally take them between 6am-7am here...would it be best to try to take them around 1am in Canada so that I stick to the same time for my body? Or should I just take them in the morning while I am there too?

Any advice?

Thanks.
Tasha

"To do anything in this world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger; but jump in, and scramble through as well as we can."
-Sydney Smith

vernon
14-05-06, 21:42
Hi Tasha, The meds you are on are similar to what I am on (cipralex) I am on, but very close relative. I think we get most benefit out of taking these meds at night, thats what my specalist says, My son is on the same med as you too and he takes them at night. So I would think it would be best to stick to your evening times, even though there is 5 hours difference its will still be your evening? I dont thing the time difference will make any difference, Ignore the time difference and just take them in the evening as usual. take care. Vernon