PDA

View Full Version : Blood Pressure

MVP123
06-09-11, 07:38
What can a doctor tell from your blood pressure?

countrygirl
06-09-11, 09:50
Literally the pressure in your arteries when the heart beats and between beats (systolic and diastolic- sorry can't spell).

If your blood pressure is very high then further tests need to be done like bloods and kidney checks and heart checks.

Low blood pressure is not considered a medical problem although it causes umpleasant symptoms in some people as in fainting on rising etc.

White coat syndrome is a big problem with people at the Drs so most Drs knock off some of the reading if you appear nervous.

AlexandriaUK
06-09-11, 10:35
Mine can go through the roof at the hospital and even sometimes at the Drs when I am having an off day LOL

cathycrumble
06-09-11, 14:35
Do you have white coat syndrome ie you get panicy when having it done? That's what I do. It's a pain lol xx:ohmy:

Cathy xx

Anxious_gal
06-09-11, 15:24
I've read on google news the English version, that the NHS is thinking of sending nurses to peoples homes to check their blood pressure becausse of white coat syndrome

cathycrumble
06-09-11, 16:02
Hi

Good idear. :)

Cathy xx

AlexandriaUK
06-09-11, 18:11
We have a machine in the hallway of our Drs and when I do it there its lots lower as soon as I walk in the Drs I can feel Pulse and blood pressure going up and now I say at the hospital that it will rise and they take this into account.
Try not to worry as loads of people have the same problem, my partner has been on Meds for 15 years and doesnt worry one bit about health and doesnt get anxious but he can have his checked and it will be high as in 245 over 140 does it bother him no he just realises he didnt take his meds that day eeeeeeek that would freak me out LOL

cathycrumble
06-09-11, 18:30
We have a machine in the hallway of our Drs and when I do it there its lots lower as soon as I walk in the Drs I can feel Pulse and blood pressure going up and now I say at the hospital that it will rise and they take this into account.
Try not to worry as loads of people have the same problem, my partner has been on Meds for 15 years and doesnt worry one bit about health and doesnt get anxious but he can have his checked and it will be high as in 245 over 140 does it bother him no he just realises he didnt take his meds that day eeeeeeek that would freak me out LOL

Haha that would freak me out to but that's helped me because how layed back is your b/f? I need to take a leaf out of his book. lol

Cathy xx
:yesyes:

countrygirl
06-09-11, 18:57
I have terrible white coat syndrome and my pulse goes up to 120-140 just walking through the doors or hospital or Drs surgery.

MY BP in past few months has been borderline high so Dr said to take it at home with home bp machine and after 5 days of doing it once a day ( 2 readings one after the other) I am starting to get used to it and calming down. She said repetition will lessen the anxiety and so the readings will be the ones she takes notice of. Last 2 days my bp readings have been in normal range and plse down to 100 at time of taking it.

I have to do this every day for 6 weeks and then go back with readings.

Anxious_gal
06-09-11, 19:01
I know nothing about blood pressure.
But I have always been told mine is fine even when my heart rate is high and I'm panicking.
Surely that would make mine go up? Or maybe they took my anxiety into consideration and told me it was fine lol

Ambers
06-09-11, 19:34
So what does it mean if it is low? I think I am 70/100-110 - I have been recently told I have thin veins. I wished they explained things!

countrygirl
06-09-11, 20:11
My husband has low blood pressure - its good for your health but it can make you prone to fainting if you stand up too quick.

Anything above 90/60 is fine so you are fine.

Ambers
06-09-11, 21:14
explains why I faint a :blush:lot!