PDA

View Full Version : Flying and Meds

Basha
14-05-06, 21:18
Hi;

Me again. I probably should have just written one post...

I'm absolutely terrified for my flight back to Canada. I've never been a great flyer. My doc gave me 2mg Valium tablets (diazepram). I've never taken these before... will I be okay? I'm on 10mg citalopram, but I'm a bit scared of how the two meds will mix together.

Also, do you think these will help take the edge off my flight? I'm so scared... I hate flying... :(

Tasha

"To do anything in this world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger; but jump in, and scramble through as well as we can."
-Sydney Smith

vernon
14-05-06, 21:48
Hi Tasha, "mg of vallium are pretty low and it will not efect taking the other medication at all. Vallium are addictive but only if you take them regular for long period of time. Take a 2mg about an hour before you go you should feel a little tired and relaxed, and If you feel realy anxiouse on the plane just take another. Lots of people use vallium but only when they realy need to and not daily. hope this is of some help, have a nice time in Canada. Vernon

suzy1984
14-05-06, 21:50
Hi Tasha

I am also a nervous flyer and was given valium to help when I flew, it really took the edge of the panic and anxiety and made me feel much calmer, a little spaced out but in a good relaxing way so I didn't really care bout what was happening! I don't know enough about the meds to say how they will mix but im sure the doctor wouldnt have prescribed the valium if the meds don't mix well. Easier said than done but try not to worry you will be fine.

Good luck & take care.
Suzy xx:)

Daisybun
14-05-06, 22:21
Hi 2mg is not that much really, you'll just feel a bit drowsy and more relaxed

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

vernon
15-05-06, 22:51
TFTR