PDA

View Full Version : am i going crazy

bigG
06-09-11, 13:34
i suffer from anxiety and depression and iam permantley fixated on the thought that theres somthing wrong with my heart. I have been to the doctors many times and time and time again they tell me i have anxiety problems i do not beleive them because i feel a tightess in my chest and have sevral chest pains per day i dont no what route to go down now because i have started to think that iam losing the plot this problem has totally over whelmed my life has anyone ad experience of this problems and do you have any advise

sammi
06-09-11, 14:17
I know exactly how you feel hunni, ive had anxiety over my heart for the last year and half get all the chest pain even get pain in my left arm, ive had all the heart tests and they have come back fine. Doctor says anxiety and i guess all we can do is believe in the doctor ( easier said than done i know) sorry i cant be of much help but just wanted you to know your not alone and your certainly not going crazy. X

Anxious_gal
06-09-11, 15:25
Big have you had any tests done? Blood work, ECG etc?

Sammi do you feel better about your heart when your tests results came back good?
I get chest pain when my heart rate goes up.

bigG
06-09-11, 15:48
hey cheers for the replys i have had some tests done and they have been fine but because i can phsyically feel tightness in my chest permently i just dont beleive them i mean how can i never feel this before then suddenley i feel it all the time. this is affecting me all the time i cant work at the moment which is a big issue for me. now that they keep telling me its in my head its making me feel like iam going crazy

sammi
06-09-11, 15:57
Big have you had any tests done? Blood work, ECG etc?

Sammi do you feel better about your heart when your tests results came back good?
I get chest pain when my heart rate goes up.

I do for a while and then a few months down the line my anxiety comes back and i feel like im back to square one (anxiety for you i guess) i just tell myself ive had the tests and they were all fine. I try put the negative thoughts to the back of my head but its hard. X

Anxious_gal
06-09-11, 16:01
Tightness all the time?
If it is indeed tense muscles maybe you should see a chiropractor? They are very good at locating and fixing muscle and bone problems.

Have you had a chest x ray or one of those heart scans , ultra sounds?
If not I would ask to have them done, because if you are experiencing tightness it's pretty standered to at least have those two tests done.

If you had those tests done and they were good then it really could be a muscle issue, or possibly even heart burn, GERD that can give people terrible chest pains.

Anxious_gal
06-09-11, 16:04
Sammie I don't worry about my heart but the palpitations can scare me because it makes me breathless and I hate that feeling, they also make me dizzy and my chest gets all tight.

With my anxiety it's psychical symptoms that freak me out more than thinking I have cancer or heart problems, I also have a bad fear of symptoms getting worse.

Sorry to hear you heart still freaks you out now and again x

bigG
06-09-11, 16:34
yeah i have asked the doctor several times to check me out properly he just sticks me on an ecg for 30 seconds i also have a pulse rate of 45-55 when iam at my worst but again he says that some people just have lower pulse rates i guess he sees this kind of thing all the time but they just keep sending me from one doctor to the next i guess i will probly have to go down the pivate healthcare route and i agree with you mishel its the physical problems that kick it out of me