PDA

View Full Version : Heartburn or Chest pains?

sadie
10-04-04, 20:30
Hi all,

I havent really posted for awhile because I seemed to be coping really well with my anxiety. I think I am still doing ok but over the last 3/4 days I have been feeling awful and I wondered if you guys could help me out?[:0]

I have been feeling really nauseated over the last few days all day and have been getting chest pains on and off throughout the day too, especially on my left side. As well as that I have felt dizzy at times and felt like I would pass out at anytime but ofcourse I havent. Yesterday at work in particular all of a sudden I felt like I couldnt breathe and then thats when the panic set in. I did cope well I think as I didnt have a full blown attack but the journey home in the train was horrible!:(

Another symptom thats worrying me a bit too is I keep getting a burning or hot sensation in the middle of my chest which seems to come and go throughout the day. Sometimes this feeling spreads to my breastbones. Is this heartburn or indegestion???

Lastly, my breast themselves are really sore, my left won in particular....Its really sore to touch. My periods are due anyday now but I dont usually get sore breasts!!

Sorry for going on and on but I am worrying a little about these symptoms. Maybe I just have a bug or something or could it be due to anxiety? I was coping so well over these last few weeks and nothing stressful has happened to cause any anxiety so I dont know whats brought this on.[?]

Thanks for listening.

sadie

twister
10-04-04, 23:33
HI Sadie

I think it is heartburn - i have it at the moment and a pain keeps coming up the middle of my chest. The not breathing thing is just anxiety - it's my worse symptom.....

Emily

kate
10-04-04, 23:49
Hiya Sadie,

I agree with Em, sounds like hearburn.

I find that with the breathing I actually hold my breath when anxious and then have to "make" myself breathe again.

All down to panic, Sadie.

Kate x

sadie
11-04-04, 09:31
Hi Twister and Kate,

You are probably right, it will just be heartburn.

I think I was caught off guard this week due to having a bug and heartburn, the old anxiety symptoms came back!!!

Nevermind, no big deal.. I can cope with it just like before. Hope you both are feeling ok.

Thanks for listening though and offering some reassurance.

Take care

sadie

kate
11-04-04, 09:39
Hiya Sadie,

Are you feeling any better this morning?

Did you take anything for the burning? I usually just find a couple of Rennies do the trick for me.If not, try Gaviscon as that is stronger.

Funny really, when I was reading your post last night, I actually had heartburn as well!!

Hope you are coping ok today but if you are having any worries, just post again and we will try to reassure you.

Take care

Kate x

Buby
11-04-04, 13:55
do pa sufferers get heartburn more than others? cos i suffer from terrible heartburn. my mum was gonna take me to the docs to get it checked out cos i used to have it everyday nearly allday and non acidic stuff like milk dint get rid of it.but most of the ppl on here seem to suffer from it too so i was just wonderin. and about the chest pains, i had chest pains for days and i nearly went to casulty with them but as soon as i burped they went away but came back stronger..not sure wot that means. i thought heartburn was where u had a burnin in ure chest and also a bit of stomach acid came to ure throat too. k now im confused.....neway.. hope ure feelin betta sadie heartburns horrible init.

hugs Rachel xxxxx

J Swift
11-04-04, 15:59
Yeah, I had uncomfortable heartburn every day from September last year up until recently - And belching did seem connected in some way!

I remember it came on quite suddenly - I was driving in my car burping every 30 seconds!

I thought there must be something physically wrong with me - It was never a burning sensation - Just uncomfortable, sometimes sharp, sometimes like chest pressure, sometimes in the middle, but often on the left - And the occasional sudden shortness of breath and even skipped heart beats aren't too uncommon with indigestion like this.

No, milk never helped atall.

Stumbled across a web page that said it's absolutely classic neurotic/anxiety behaviour to get chronic indigestion - Apparently a subconsious "habit" of swallowing air on every breath.

For some strange reason, soon after I read that and stopped worrying, the symptoms seemed to go - I can't even remember the last time I had it bad - The shallow breathing techniques may be responsible for the change though.

Jules31
13-04-04, 11:03
I've been getting pressure in my chest like someone is sitting on it too and seem to be burping all of the time. It seems to come out of the blue and is horrible.

Hope you are feeling better
Jules

sadie
13-04-04, 17:03
Hi all,

The heartburn seems to have gone now, thank god and so has the chest discomfort etc etc. I took ssome remgel which was good, as they are like minty chews and it doesnt taste like medicine. I have tried gaviscon but it tastes like chalk to me!!! (not that I have ever ate chalk!!)

Hope you are all ok.

sadie

Meg
13-04-04, 18:37
When you feel the pressure in your chest build up have a fizzy , non caffiene drink. Tonic water, soda water and get those burps going. It helps so much .

Rachel,
When you're anxious you produce more acid in your tummy and heart burn is when this acid comes a little way up your gullet and burns.

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We're afraid."
"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We will fall!"
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

HB
22-05-04, 14:45
yeah i get a lot of heartburn and chest pains, try "gaviscon" medicine, works every time!! hope you are feeling much better, take care :-)

H

twister
22-05-04, 21:12
The gaviscon liquid though is so foul I was nearly sick last time I tried it!![xx(]

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

seh1980
25-05-04, 16:44
Hi Sadie,
It was really weird for me to read your post because I have the same thing as you. My breast are really sore to touch, especially my left one and I get a pain in my chest as well. I keep telling myself that it's just heartburn but am always worried it's something more serious when I have the pain. I guess it's probably just an anxiety thing.
Take care.
Sarah (seh1980)

sadie
25-05-04, 19:28
Hi sarah,

I have these symptoms on and off for 3 and a bit years and the doctors just tell me its caused by anxiety and muscle tension. Try and not worry..easier said than done I know but it just makes the symptoms worse. Do some yoga and some stretches when you get the pains as this always helps me.

Take care

sadie

Caitlyn89
29-05-04, 21:27
I get chest pains on my left side sometimes under my left armpit. I think the burning is probably just heartburn and your worrying about all these things that your increasing your anxiety you know. When you increase it you have nire symptoms like muscle tension chest pains trouble breathing all that. Your period is most likely the cause for your breast discomfort.

rmcd1704
31-05-04, 13:30
hi all i almost had the same problems less the sore breasts,i just kept on going to my doc untill he did some-thing about it and i have now found out that i have acid reflux which causes pains up the center of the chest and down my arms and into my hands and also at bad times i get pains in my jaw.This used to send me into a panic attack and i would end up in hospital only to be told that i was fine so i was then refered for counciling and i have not had a panic attack as such since november. I think knowing what the problem is helps a lot not knowing is the biggest problem you need to keep on at your doc after all we pay our national insurance for it so we would be as well getting our moneys worth.So think positive and dont always think it is the worst because half the time it is nothing to worry about and you just have to keep telling yourself that

HB
11-06-04, 16:34
grin and bear the gaviscon, it is horrible i know but does work :-)

They do a tablet now aswell...

H

grace
11-06-04, 16:53
i get this sometimes,mostly at night. i found out by accident that sunflower seeds help. dont know why. i buy them in the shell from health shops and they seem to calm it down.i've been told that i look like a hamster sat nibbling the sunflower out of the shells but hey if it works :)

xxx grace