PDA

View Full Version : Help with Night-time techniques for panic attacks

Ambers
06-09-11, 19:31
I cannot sleep at night - it has become very stressful to try and go to sleep - having a heavy heart and numb arm but I am not worried about this as I know they are symptoms of panic rather than any illness. Please help as I have slept so little over the past few weeks and feel light-headed during the day.

I need some good night-time techniques. I will try all.

Sleeping tablets are no longer working, and I have a warm milk before bed. No caffeine at all. I have to sleep sitting slighty unright at the moment which is not helping.

Thank you

swgrl09
06-09-11, 19:34
I sometimes try a "Yoga for Insomnia" podcast that I have on my ipod for my worst nights. It helps me focus on something else at night. You can download them for free on itunes under Yoga Today in the itunes store.

Ambers
06-09-11, 19:37
Is it physical Yoga? or just listening? - cant do any form of excerise at present but would be interested in any recommendation for mental relaxation downloads

swgrl09
06-09-11, 19:43
The most physical it gets is different positions laying on your bed, but not very strenuous. But I'm sure there are some meditation podcasts on itunes for free - worth looking for! they have a lot of free downloads.