PDA

View Full Version : Little things set me off

Rhys1879SAFC
06-09-11, 20:45
Hi all.

Today I was reading the paper and came across an article about how the length of some of your fingers can help define and shape you, it seemed interesting enough, so I started to read it.

My index finger is longer than my ring finger, and according to research carried out, this means I'm more likely to develop Schizophrenia. Developing a mental illness such as Schizophrenia is one of my big anxiety fears so you can imagine what happened next.

All of a sudden its like I have convinced myself I will develop Schizophrenia at some point in my life, its just so frustrating! Its really set me off and today hasn't been too good a day for me. :(

Sorry if this seems like a pointless post but it helps to get things off my chest. :)

hartleysjam
06-09-11, 20:51
if it helps at all, mine is longer too :) as my hubbys is, there is no history of Schizophrenia in our families at all, i hope that helps a little :hugs:

swgrl09
07-09-11, 15:59
I've heard that usually if you are going to develop schizophrenia, you'd have some sign by the time you are in your 20s. I don't know how old you are, but I'd assume you'd have some symptom by now!

Rhys1879SAFC
08-09-11, 17:11
I'm 19.

Abby1
21-09-11, 10:50
Hi there Rhys,im exactly the same as yourself,i only have to read something about Schizophrenia and then i think, 'thats like my symptoms' etc etc-it is so annoying and exhausting isnt it?
For example i read that Schizophrenics can have anxiety,depression and insomnia,so of course because i do,i then start to worry and worry....