PDA

View Full Version : panic after eating

little kyle
06-09-11, 22:09
This might sound stupid but after I have just eaten I feel weird and panicky feel like I am going to start shaking and I have just had sudden diarrhea :s

panicpanda
07-09-11, 13:44
I get panicky after eating too, usually after dinner, sometimes having a full-on panic attack. It's very unpleasant. I have no advice but wanted you to know you're not alone!

Gemwales
07-09-11, 14:45
I too have experienced Panic Attacks after eating, the first time it happened was very scary and I ended up being admitted to hospital believing I was having an allergic reaction to Prozac which I started taking 2 days prior to this attack. I was at home with my partner and a friend having a chinese take away (something which we do regularly) after food I started to feel very panicky I was pacing the living room, then had diarrohea followed by the feeling of wanting to be sick but couldn't, I had a rash on my neck and cheeks and my pulse was racing. After about half hour of being like this I begged my partner to phone an ambulance. At arriving at casualty things got no better for me as the doctors were telling me I was having a panic attack which I failed to believe and was adamant it was a reaction. To cut the story short after a night in hospital I was discharged but refused to continue with the prozac. The following month whilst sat at home with my partner having a meal I began to feel the same symptoms and realised the doctors were right I was having a panic attack but knowing what was happening was a great help and I was able to use coping strategies to calm myself down. I have experienced Panic Attacks an numerous occasions after a large meal, therefore no longer do this I eat little and often now which seems to have worked for me. :)

selphie
07-09-11, 20:23
i also panic after eating and still dnt know y. i used 2 get a aracing heart and feel like i couldent breathe my doc said it was just me worrying and waiting 4 it 2 happen but it must have started somewhere and way?:weep:

xBettyBoopx
07-09-11, 22:02
Hey all

Good news for you which I think will help. After you have eaten, all your organs quicken up and this means heart too. It can go 20 maybe 30 more than usual, this is to help the digestion of food. Your mind is probably misinterpretting this as start of anxiety/panic...............and away you go.

Hope this help you.

Els
xx

MikeyJon
08-09-11, 06:36
Hey all

Good news for you which I think will help. After you have eaten, all your organs quicken up and this means heart too. It can go 20 maybe 30 more than usual, this is to help the digestion of food. Your mind is probably misinterpretting this as start of anxiety/panic...............and away you go.

Hope this help you.

Els
xx

This is fascinating news! I work nights and often have something to eat after I get home. I can't tell you the number of times I have felt "edgy" into the wee hours. I.e. I feel like a panic attack is right around the corner. Often it's because I can feel my heart beating...racing imo. However, my wife assures me that it might be a little rapid but only a touch.

Carrera74
08-09-11, 10:00
I have this after most meals. I notice it more when I'm a bit stressed out or after I eat if I've been skipping meals. I've read it happens to everyone but as anxiety sufferers we notice it as we are sensitive to any bodily sensation.

selphie
08-09-11, 19:39
thanks mikeyjon thanks rather intresting 2 know i dident know this m doc just said your heart has 2 work harder after u have eaten but dident really say much else 2 me but i never thought of it like the way u put it.:D