PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new guy in a fight with ATOS!

Bruno58
07-09-11, 00:33
Hi, I'm John, 58 now, spine injury for 21 years and on IB and DLA.

Received the new 'Limited Capabillity' form from ATOS in May, current situation...letters flying back and forth between me and ATOS..DWP London and the local DWP office...and number 10.

I'm not in a bad mood...I'm breathing fire...:mad::mad::mad:

I think they may cut my money off soon as I've refused to play their silly game and I'm on the attack, ATOS are incompetent and I'm making sure everyone knows:shades:

More later when I've found my way around the forum.

J.

diane07
07-09-11, 00:38
Hi Bruno58

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
07-09-11, 10:46
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

venusbluejeans
07-09-11, 12:26
Hiya and welcome to NMP I hope you find the help and advice here and maybe make a few friends in the process

:welcome:

Bruno58
08-09-11, 22:17
Thanks for the welcome guys, seem to be more girls here, I was directed to the forum by a search RE: ATOS!, however, I have lots of experience regarding many of the posts on here so I thought I'd stay and see what's happening.

I hope I can give some good advice/info and also find some answers for myself and maybe something to cheer me up a bit! its tough going (as usual) and I find keeping my brain active helps a lot.

:shades:

John.

london
08-09-11, 22:21
atos is a hard firm to beat the wording in the act which labour bought in
is what you can do .not what you cant do
good luck
god bless mate

Bruno58
08-09-11, 23:18
London, Yes I know about the 'ACT', I'm trying to fight it, someone has to, my first contact with ATOS has gone very badly! previous assessment by the DWP over 20 years were no problem as I have a degen disc with claudication + other severe physical problems, its crazy.

I should be in bed asleep now as I'm shattered at the moment but had to post this...back later with some juicy stuff...I've given them a hard time so far and I will continue:shades:

J.

paulst
09-09-11, 12:22
Hi John welcome to the forum, Im glad you found us.:)

Bruno58
09-09-11, 13:44
thanks paulst.

I may start a new topic regarding ATOS and my experience so far.

Its weekend so I'm hoping to wind down a little and recover from another bad week, I need the rest.

Just to give some idea of what's been happening since the form arrived, its dated 24 May 2011, I've written to Cameron (5 letters) ATOS have had more than that, DWP about 6 also, most sent recorded delivery and some special delivery.

Number 10 sent a card of acknowlegement on the 10 Aug and passed my writings on to the DWP London, last week a letter came dated 22 August from the PM's comms unit at Num 10,

An extract...
"I am sorry to read of you and your wife, Y...... , I'll health...
Mr Cameron very much appreciates your taking the time and trouble to get in touch with your concerns."

They have again sent my letter on to the DWP, just checked today and my benefit is still being paid.

Its all very complicated with my health and my GP has deferred his diagnosis, I know I have spinal claudication and now periphial claud + very high BP, 200/100 is not uncommon for me, to cap it all my wife is a cancer patient for 8 years now, she is not good at all and relies on me to control her mental stability + the rest of her needs, no one else can do that...we have tried outside help but it always goes wrong.

I will fight on though and I intend to bring the situation to a head, there is nothing they can do to me which hasn't already been done.

Lots of pain last few days with my legs and spine , I'm up most nights with the leg pain 2-3 times, sorry to go on so much but it really is a very bad situation.

John.

HazyMind
09-09-11, 20:39
Hi Bruno,

Recognised your name from the thread of mine ( thanks again for your help! )

I had a terrible interview with ATOS! I do totally relate to the anger you feel and frustration... How they operate is beyond me!

I had to talk to the man in the waiting room with me as we had to decide which one of us could go in first (after ATOS had messed up the appointment times and double booked us!)
The woman then said that I could talk to people with no problems as she saw me talking to the other man waiting in the waiting room! :wacko: (I felt as nervous as anything and had no choice but to talk to him and if she thought I was comfortable then surely she isn't medically trained!? - Are these interviewers medically trained?)

I have a lot of issues that I have to deal with daily and I had to open up to her and pour my problems out, this was so difficult!! She seemed like such a cold person, I left that room in tears and felt so confused!

Surely these interviewers have some knowledge? What knowledge do they have?

I have been granted ESA now, I think they must have communicated with my doctor.

I truly hope that you get the result that you rightfully should!!!

Best Wishes xx

M155anthr0p3
09-09-11, 21:00
Bruno I love the fire in your belly!!!!!

Keep fighting!!!

Bruno58
09-09-11, 21:20
Hi Haze, I've refused to fill the form in...foreign man phoned up speaking in broken english directing me to attend an assessment (town centre-on a ringroad-no parking-...room is on the 4th floor, I hit the roof and blasted him...asked where he got my home phone number...he went all quiet...I asked if he was still there after 5 seconds...all he did was mumble mumble...! I told him I wasn't going and slammed the phone down, wrote to atos saying i'd refused, letter to Cameron, I ask why he thinks he can pass my home number to a private company without my permission.. amongst other comments and questions about the form..(none offensive but I can be extremly sarcastic when needed), I instruct atos to remove my home number immediately, they complied.

Next I receive an appointment letter to attend, must be joking I'm not going, building is inaccessable to me, letter from local DWP asking why I didn't attend and why I didn't tell them, I reply same day with lots of copy letters RE: atos, sent lots of other stuff too, left hand ...ATOS.. one thing... right hand...DWP...has no clue what's going on:roflmao:

They have sent me another appoinment for the 14th Sept same as before, bunch of twits :whistles:

Now had letter from DWP IB manager, sent her an email and told her a few home truths and I'll write in a few days, I'm runing out of steam just now but I never give up if I know I'm right, had at least 3 letters which contain "sorry" or "Very sorry" up to now so I'll turn the pressure up another few notches soon, some cans of worms to open as well...:mad:

Onward...!!!

Bruno58
09-09-11, 21:31
Bruno I love the fire in your belly!!!!!

Keep fighting!!!

I'm a fire sign...Aries 24th March, a description can be found on the net on the astro sites, its all a bit 'way out' I know but its not wrong either...:shades:

Bruno58
10-09-11, 19:48
Hi again Hazy, hope you are ok, I'm really sorry to hear about your atos interview, disgraceful, its one of the reasons I am refusing to play along, I've told our 'Dave' and his crew exactly what I think of the form and atos, I'm haven't pulled any punches, they are hiding behind the 'Act'.

I've had countless dealings with doctors consultants solicitors and many others during the last 20 years, some of the stuff I have endured from many of these people you would not believe.

As for seeing a different doc about my current problems? I've worn a few out now and some of the others around would not enjoy my company, not my fault you must understand...they have brought it on themselves.

Last doc didn't tell me what he really thought about my recent severe leg pains, told me different, one surgeon wrote a libelous statement about me to a previous doc, it was a private consultation too...I paid him £60, another doc has written a line stating he knows the truth about my previous notes??? I know what he is referring to...my GP's med records were altered.

Is it any wonder I refuse to comply with those who would rather see us dead and buried to avoid paying out a few thousand pounds a year to keep us going?

Sounds like I'm giving up but its quite the opposite to me, I want all this nonsense with atos etc stopped.

No prisoners taken here.

Onward....!!!

HazyMind
11-09-11, 10:20
Hi Bruno,

Onward... and stick with it as the upward will follow!!!

I am so thankful for people such as yourself that will fight for the right and fairness!! I myself feel too weak and wish I had the strength and determination that you have!!

It is a shame as there are a few people that will cheat the system but why oh why do people who suffer have to be treated as a cheat.... It is disgraceful!!

I would do almost anything to feel "normal" and live out day to day things without going through the suffering I have to face with the issues I have.... It makes me so angry how we are treated!! Do they not realize anything!!??

The way you have been dealt with in the past does sound shockingly bad and I hope the fight in you will wake our 'Dave' up and he and his puppets (or vice versa) will maybe open their eyes to fairness!!

Bruno58
11-09-11, 21:05
Well Hazy, its been a long intro from me! I need to slow down a little, I've had 3 disc strikes on the nerves in the past 4 days...legs are giving me lots of pain too, need to be careful as if I have another strike I could be out of action for a week at least, as for the assessment on Wednesday 14th Sept..yeah right!!!

Lost a lot of weight too, should be 11 stone but I'm down below 10 now, I'm 5'8" so its not good, I don't have much physical strength or stamina although I did have in the past, all my energy goes to my brain now I think!

OK, next action is to respond to the last DWP letter which arrived on the 5th, I'll send recorded as usual so I'll know they have it, then an appt to the surgery and I'll pick which doc I see, I know which already, I'll have a summary of the last 21 years typed and printed out and we'll see what happens then!!!

For advice to all...I would like to say its important to be sure of your facts before starting something and also make sure you keep copies and safe backups of everything you write, no appts taken by phone unless its just a visit to the doc's, any probs can be sorted easily with them if something goes wrong, it can and does go badly wrong believe me! don't take any nonsense from anyone either...probably easy for me to say that.

Resting for a while now...

:byebye:

HazyMind
16-09-11, 12:03
Sorry to hear things aren't good for you Bruno! It is an added stress that you clearly don't need and shouldn't be having to deal with in your situation!!

It has been a few days since you posted this and I truly hope that things have eased for you and the pain you are feeling is clearing!

And yes mentally all this is exhausting which of course affects the physical energies! Try as much as you can to take time out for relaxation as you will feel benefit from it, if only a little.

I hope that a doctor soon will help fight your case and make those ATOS and DWP people wake up and understand!!!!!

Hope all is better!!! xxx

Bruno58
16-09-11, 15:49
Hi Hazy, how's things going...hope you are feeling a little better, I have to do some chores shortly so this will have to be quick.

I am still having the spine strikes but not as bad now, its normal for it to take a week or so to ease off, I need to think before doing certain things, was up again during the night that's normal too...I'm a wreck!!!

I can cope though, Usually anyway, just keeping my mind occupied works most of the time, still trying to fathom out the forum control panel, I can't find the right place to change the avatar, done it once but I've lost where it was now:huh:!

Back in a couple of hours.

J.

Found the control panel, I'll write it down this time... quick links!!!

Bruno58
17-09-11, 22:51
Could be some developments soon Re: ATOS, an interesting article in the press today, seems our Deputy PM has an axe to grind...ATOS (a French IT company I have learnt) are in line for a public warning.

I'll add some fuel to that fire...a few Royal Mail Special Delivery envelopes on their way in the next week, the going could get tough soon..I think I'm prepared to make another attack...I'm stoked up enough:mad:

I'm thinking I should move this over to the 'Misc' section now?

J.

london
17-09-11, 23:04
i think these days its a crime to be ill
god bless

Bruno58
18-09-11, 00:16
i think these days its a crime to be ill
god bless

Hi london, yes it would appear so, they are playing a mind game and we are seeing the results of these unacceptable methods now, it has to stop.

One of the reasons I'm furious about the 'ACT'... the new assessment form and ATOS is my wife is also receiving benefit, she is terminally ill and mentally fragile, if they send her a form...they are so incompetent it could happen...it will cause serious damage to her mind, she has already been in an acute psyco ward as I couldn't control her myself, this was the result of a medical professional treating her badly...if you can believe that...

I will fight and attack whoever to protect my wife and myself as she needs me to keep her mind stable, its not easy even for me to do that.

I hope I can make a difference for all the others too, the war will continue...hope I can find the strength.
J.

mikewales
18-09-11, 08:10
Have moved the thread to Misc for you as it better placed there

Bruno58
18-09-11, 10:42
Have moved the thread to Misc for you as it better placed there

Thank you, I though someone would if I mentioned it.

Hope I haven't upset anyone, let me know if I have.

:shades:

J.

HazyMind
18-09-11, 12:45
Hey Bruno!

You have had such a bad raw deal with everything, it really is shocking that you have had to deal with this on top of everything else you have to deal with daily :mad:, it really is such an unfair way to be treated, I do think though that you are doing all the right things and hopefully the justice will soon come!!

I know it is hard but you are fighting for the right and you will find the strength as I feel you are a fighter (I am honestly so angered by how you are being treated!!) I just don't know how some of these people sleep at night!! :shrug::mad:)

The good will prevail here!!!!

I am not too great at the moment to be honest...Anxiety has kept me in and frightened, this virus has really washed me out, docs again on Tuesday as I have a few other concerns I need to get looked at but it is a daily struggle... Will know more on Tuesday I guess... Also am living around a lot of building work at the moment so it's not easy to get online but I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end :)

I am sure you have not upset anyone by the way!! Also well done on sorting the avatar ;) ......

Best wishes xxx

Bruno58
18-09-11, 18:10
Hazy, I have had the virus thing, also the anxiety and unable to go outside problems, I did get through it and I'm trying to think of a way to help you do the same, of course, if you have been ill then it can take some time to recover and make some kind of progress, its like going back to square one but don't worry you can do it, I know what you mean about not being able to go online when you need, same here and others who you know are never around when you would like...tell me about it!

Anyway, some more news, a letter came yesterday, I've only just opened it an hour ago..return address is ATOS Liverpool but its from the local jobsworth's place...yes its Groundhog Day...yet again!!! same as before, they are asking why I didn't go to the 'Face To Face' interrogation last week.

For crying out loud they know how to waste my petrol tax cash don't they, how many times do I have to explain something to these people, I don't repeat myself...if they can't understand then why don't they say so...

Problem for them is ATOS and Job/DWP don't speak to each other:roflmao: overheard in a local shop recently...person works at the local JobC...get this...Quote.. 'the disabillity assessment's are being done by a private company and we don't know what we are doing'...unquote...says it all I think.

More to follow I expect but I'll try cheer you up a bit, had a laugh trying to find a suiable pic and that one there now might not last:winks:

I'll try and post a photo now...will it work? who knows! its an old snap of my dog, I had to take him to the vets for the last time 3 years ago, pic is over 6 years old and in better times.

Back soon.X

J.

Bruno58
26-09-11, 19:46
Fairly quiet here for the past week, sent an email and some papers to a minister at DWP Caxton House last Tursday, another standard reply letter from them today, that's 4 now...I've seen this before trying to complain...they play a strange game saying my correspondence has been passed on to 'the relevant department' for a response to the matters I have raised...well, that's themselves!

This time the letter is signed by 'Goff Daft'...head of comms..it would seem he/her? is actually a real person...or is it:roflmao:

Checked and there is a webpage for that name on a civil servant site..nothing on his/her 'Blog' though. makes me wonder who runs these places:D

I should receive another letter from the local DWP office soon, they received my latest reply to their form on Friday 23rd, wonder if they will stop my IB this time?

Going to see a GP on the 24 Oct, a month I have to wait!!! now that will be an interesting appointment, I have seen this doc many times before, a female...but not recently, she is in for some interesting reading with the file I'll be taking along concerning previous GP's and surgeries, I don't think she has looked back before 2002 when I registered at this surgery...she is OK really and will listen to what I have to say, I'll be gentle but firm...as usual.

Changed my pic to reflect my mood:shades:

Bruno58
01-10-11, 20:45
As I expected the "We don't know what we are doing" brigade:D (Jobcentreplus) have sent a letter informing that I am not entitled to ESA and the last payment of IB will be later this month.

The reason given is because I did not attend the Work Capabillity assessment on the 14th September. I am being 'punished' because of my disabillity.

Its a very clever way for the government to save some money I suppose, trouble is now it will cost them even more to keep sending me letters and deal with the appeal, OH...its me that's paying my petrol tax into the government's 'pot' which is then passed onto ATOS and the Independent Tribunal people and the rest we don't know about!

A contributor to one of the national papers wrote a piece in the 'Independent' recently...an extract here (I hope the writer doesn't mind! his name is Mark Steel)

"The method they (ATOS) choose is to interview each claimant, asking them a series of questions such as, "do you look after your own pets?" because clearly if someone can feed a hamster the're capable of driving a fork lift truck....during this questioning the interviewer taps the answers into a computer which makes an automatic calculation as to weather the claimant loses their benefit...

Maybe the plan is to turn the whole process into a radio panel show "Fit On The Fiddle"...The ATOS system has worked so well in the past 3 years that 160,000 people have successfully appealed against their decision...perhaps they'll use a more reliable method, such as rolling two dice and anyone who gets eight or over loses their money, or they could call people for interviws three at a time, line them up and go...ip Dip Dog S..t, you are not it, and the loser has to crawl to the Jobcentre.

Tribunals have cost £30 million pounds (will be more now) and that money is paid by the government out of taxes.

My suggestion...ATOS are called in for an interview by a panel of disabled people and asked to mime looking after their pet, then assess if they can still have their 100 million pounds a year or have to go and get a PROPER JOB.

P.S. Is anyone actually reading this...?:blush:

J.

Jannie
04-10-11, 21:31
Hey, J, I so like you!
I too am in the middle of the 'fight' as it were, post - Capability form, (which I filled in n sent off in plenty of time, to reach them by 3rd Oct, they would have got it a week before that date, incidentally they'd sent me a letter in the middle of Sept asking where the form was as they hadnt received it yet!? What the f...?!) but still pre - medical, havent had the 'call' or the letter. (Some are getting letters with a random date ATOS have chosen, others are getting a phone call giving them the option of choosing a date, I prefer the latter.
How do they get hold of private landlines? Interesting point that. Through the DWP of course. But they shouldnt be doing that. I may have given my number to DWP/jobcen in original benefit apps which is fair enough BUT they should contact the person in question, ask, can ATOS contact you directly? If so, what method - phone, post, email, etc?
All good healthcare/support services do this for strict reasons of safety/confidentiality/identity etc etc....
We are finding out how "good" they are though, or if they are even a healthcare service. (Must do a Google search...haha.)
I have been involved in 2 assessments very recently, as I said, not my own, accompanying my son plus a lady I support as a mental health related volunteer.
My son commented outside that she looked, very "nervous and edgy" by me producing notebook and pen, and looking like my sons own personal PA, jotting down everything word for word!
Yeah, we know why, because I can compare it with the copy of the report we asked for. (Advice Ive picked up on the net, as people have found that some things have been missed off, along with - on medical day - dont have a bath for a week, dont comb hair, dont iron clothes, plus the one Ive heard a lot - base it on your worst day.)
I kid you not, people are desperate.
Ive been climbing walls with the worry, its not just the fact that the job situation is dire if anyone is actually looking but it is causing so much worry and stress for vulnerable people who really cant deal with it.
To give someone a set amount of money (and lets face it, its a pittance anyway, so any extra helps, I get about £90 a week, made up of the basic £67 plus around £30 IB,) and think they can pull a huge chunk of it straight off without warning is just disgusting and has even been dubbed "illegal" and against basic human rights by some experts.
I try my hardest to run a small car, not easy, but have been wondering if I should try to sell it now, looking everywhere in my life where I could make cuts. Ive cut down on food shopping, I never buy lunch out, hardly ever clothes and when I do they are from charity shops, nights out extremely rare, I gave up smoking a year ago, I DO have a tv package with a well known company plus broadband n phone, but I watch telly a lot and you have to have something of interest, and I consider last 2 essential.
They want you to sit in a cold house with blanket wrapped round you, hungry, bored, staring at the four walls. Thats no life.
My health has gone downhill, son and cat keep me going, yes, I feed my own cat, lol, volunteer work keeps me sane, (yeah, I know, they will say If I can do 4 hours of that a week surely I could do 40?? :huh: )
Ok, yeah, sure, I'll come home feeling exhausted, dizzy, tired, ready to drop, feeling sick, but still I'll have my evening meal to prepare and housework to do...and thats only the first day.
Im also sarcastic...I put on the dealing with unexpected changes bit on the form, " Great example, I cant EVER have a late meal, I spend all day planning when I need to eat or I'll have a hypo!"
Sorry youre having to deal with everyhting, you really dont need it, hopefully you'll win soon and gain the money you are most definitely entitled to.
Lotsa love xxx

Bruno58
04-10-11, 22:24
Hi Jannie, thanks for posting about your experience so far, I've copied and printed it out for easy reference as I'm writing this post.

First point is the phone call to my home number...I've asked Cameron why he thinks he can allow this without my permission..he can't answer that, its illegal, I have it in writing from ATOS I will not be contacted by phone again..only by letter, as far as I'm concerened ATOS can go and play on the motorway..I'll help them find the nearest..M62...barstewards.

I'm am raging F'in furious at all this and I will not be intimidated by anyone, I understand you are worried and anxious at what may happen, a few years ago I would have felt the same but now I've had too much practise to worry, I can feel a little depressed often because these people are not taking any notice of my letters (just done a count of the ATOS/ DWP/ Cameron file I have built up... 21 pages) but I seem to always bounce back before it takes over.

Biggest problem is I have so much to contend with here at home I'm feeling the strain, still 3 weeks before seeeing the doc about my leg pains, I should be referred to a specialist for diagnosis as I know what the problem is, its not good I know that.

Kep posting I am always watching for more info etc...

Please try not to worry...I'm trying to cause a lot of trouble over this situation...I ain't finished yet by a long way...

J.

oOclaireOo
04-10-11, 22:24
hi bruno :)

i'm reading! welcome to the forum! i am so sorry to hear of what you & your wife are having to endure, its an absolute disgrace that you are being treated in such an inhumane way. i admire your strength & courage, its refreshing to see, its because of strong people like yourself that things will change & others will benefit. i hope you get a resolution soon & that you get the justice you so deserve so you can at least try to live your life in peace.

take care, all the very best,

claire x

Bruno58
04-10-11, 22:55
Hi Claire, thanks for your support, much appreciated, I'm considering my next move but not sure what it will be yet, I already know these people ingnore any complaints like I have made...I could write a book about the responses I have received in the past, some don't even bother to acknowledge letters, I have experienced the brick walls going up and managers in the NHS being changed so they never know about your earlier complaint, its like The Magic Roundabout:D

How I can make light of all this I'll never know! I think its cos I'm an Aires, I have to have a battle of some sort to fight although its streching it a bit now!!!...money runs out on the 20th of this month:ohmy:

Think I'll change my avatar...this one seems appropriate.

Hope I can get it to work!!!

J.

Bruno58
08-10-11, 15:49
Another letter from the JobC today, didn't expect this one...as we all know, confusion reigns at 'Benefit Towers'...its a U-Turn now.

After reviewing the facts and evidence I have provided they have changed their decision to stop my benefit, I haven't sent my appeal in yet.

I will write a letter after the weekend and request an explanation, they have cost myself and my wife a great deal of stress not to mention the cost of all the letters I have needed to post.

If they think I will now sit back they are mistaken, now is the time to press home the attack and finish them off (hopefully!!!) you never know what they may try in the future so I'll make them realise I'm no pushover.

J.

Jannie
16-10-11, 01:32
My son got his ESA!! Some good news at last. But then I start thinking, well, he was already on ESA, its just the end of the 13 week assessment period, also the decision arrived extremely quickly, about 4-5 days later, my situation is different, Im migrating from IS/IB??!
I really dont know, is everyone classed the same whether new claimers or not?
I suffer with anxiety, This is NOT helping. Still havent had my medical date, well, have received nothing yet, understandably want it over and done with.
Have some addiction issues, previously and currently since all this, drinking and painkiller use, had a Tramadol script pulled this week because of previous addiction probs, hasnt made me reduce it much, dont need the stress.
Anyway Ill post with developments, Hope you win the fight mate x x

---------- Post added at 01:32 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

I have a recommendation for anyone reading - if as part of health probs you have to have tests, investigations, consultants appointments, ops etc save EVERY single letter, app dates, op and test dates, med report letters, as when your medical date letter comes, it says somewhere on accompanying leaflet, to take appointment letters, well, Ive been saving them all since late 2009....they'll wish they'd never asked, but they are getting 'em! Its a WAD, it only just fits in the file...

Bruno58
16-10-11, 09:47
Hi jannie

Some good news but as ever it can still leave questions, carry on as you are doing and don't sit back thinking its all sorted now, I don't.

Yes, that's very good advice about keeping records of everything that you do and receive...don't let anyone have the original papers either unless it a legal requirement, I save letters I write on computer and also store a paper copy, I have a large collection of all sorts of documents!, never think you will remember the all little appointments etc.

I'm waiting for a response to the last letter I sent on the 13th, I've asked a question, there is a contradiction between the 2 previous letters, first one stops the benefit and the second is saying that is now reversed, we'll see what they say in reply to my question, I'll not mention what I've asked them yet...

Onward !!!:wacko:

I came across this article today.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2011/10/work-fit-appeal-ruling

J.

Jannie
16-10-11, 19:23
I was convinced he wouldnt get it as I keep scaring myself reading of people being passed with more severe issues. I have a lot of issues and health probs, too many to list, and lots of meds, these have changed since i filled the form in, 1 been stopped, 2 added, im onto a second repeat script page again! Often tired especially first thing in the morning and late aft/evening. Some of this due to drug drowsiness. I do some vol work but dont know how Id manage to fit more in, I dont like being away from the house for much longer than 4 hrs and certainly not every day!
Ive improved lots as I never got dressed 6 or so years ago never went out except to feed gas/electric and quick jaunt round Asda, most bills are direct debit, still are, I even get scripts picked up from surgery ready n waiting, (ok, only set that up cos they were offering 500 points on the boots card!)
I like to keep active, my gymnastic days are over at almost 50 but love walking.
If you were to look at my facebk page youd think, nothing wrong, as Im always being told I look young, dress young and have a young outlook. But its all hidden unless someone asks me to meet them in town at 9 or 10am, there's no chance, Im still probably snoring!
Im no good with the whole 9-5 thing 5 days a week, I wasnt when I was last in full time work, most mornings it seemed something would go wrong, the kids would lose PE kit or (due to OCD issues,) I HAD to clean this or sort some prob in the house or make an important phone call, etc, plus have been a single parent since 1997 so couldnt call on a partner. I was often being warned about lateness. Its all about overwhelming responsibilities, I was fine gettin up at 6am in 70s/80's as a single gel living with parents, no responsibilities apart from my pet guinea pig!
Where's the incentive anyway? If u can get a part time job u lose benefits, and so may lose rather than gain, its more worthwhile doing 16 hrs or more as then u qualify for tax credits, and how many of us are well enough to do those hrs?
Anyway, yes, good advice Ive photocopied everything, the capability form so I have a reference copy for myself especially on medical day when/if, (well I can dream cant I?) it comes around, requested copies of reports, (still havent arrived, what a surprise,) hospital med reports photocopied before sent with form (I kept originals,) I am wise to how often these people lose documents, they asked for my sons college acceptance letter, they lost that, they lost one of my sick notes when I originally claimed IB then accused ME of not sending one in! I was furious. Patronising sods. I had to go to Doc and get a duplicate, that claim was a farce from start to finish, letters crossing in post, bank statements not good enough for them, could i get one from main office, (what happens now that many people have gone to paper free online banking, they'll just have to accept printouts,) then I got letters, one sayin not entitled, another next day sayin i was entitled, phew!
I'll read that article, and keep u posted plus good luck with the fight!
Jan xx

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Just read that, how unfair is that!? Its the comments that got to me especially the one about a woman who'd been an inpatient in a mental health ward and another woman there had been inundated with Atos letters containing threats of cutting her benefit if she didnt turn up to medical even though her Psych on the ward had sent back letters to say she couldnt anyway as she wasnt allowed to leave the ward due to bein on Section!!
Are these people completely stupid as well as distinctly evil?? Maybe they arent even human, thats it, theyre robots! No human being would treat other humans like this.

Bruno58
16-10-11, 21:00
Jan
Yes I can relate to most of that..my mind feels 17 but the body just doesn't want to join in! tried to have some 'time out' over the last 2 days and finished up suffering the pain for my trouble! Oh well never mind, time for a beer I think it usually helps me to sleep a bit better, I know I'll be up and about early as its normal at the moment, doctor's appointment next week which will be fun...got a few issues to raise after reading my doc's notes...I'm seeing another doc, a female, she is much better that the usual bloke I normally see, he hasn't been straight forward last few times. Facebk..! I tried that, I signed up...didn't understand some of it! wouldn't know how to find someone anyway! same with chat rooms, can't type quick enough...!!!

The article says a lot about our leader and his crew doesn't it, he needs a good talking to...chip on his shoulder I reckon...I'll have to catch up with him for a chat.

The ATOS lot have a good job don't they, plenty of work coming in and guaranteed extra payment if they screw it up too, never mind the humans we are only doing what we are told and going 'By the Book' and the computers do the hard work for us...
sharpening my sword tomorrow:dribble:

Hey that's a good smilie :roflmao:

J.

Bruno58
23-10-11, 21:57
Thought I'd let you know I'm still here! doctors in the morning 24th Oct, 9am, I had another disc strike Tuesday..a bad one again, second time in 6 weeks which is depressing, still in pain and its been difficult just moving around.

I'm prepared for the appointment now, printed a number of medical records from the previous surgery which I don't think the doc knows about...she's in for a shock!

I've also written out what I'm going to say and what I want, done 3 copies and she can have one, I'll show some ATOS letters and see what she say's, a few other responses I've had too:winks:

I'll be taking notes what she say's and pressing any points if the doc tries to avoid answering, she'll be in no doubt I'm serious and I will go further.

Two letters to solicitors ready to go, one from the past and another I spoke to recently just for information, I managed to 'join the membership scheme' they were promoting...got a plastic membership card too...probably useful for scraping the ice off the car windscreen before long...:excl:

J.

HazyMind
07-12-11, 21:02
Hi Bruno... I haven't been on here for ages as I haven't been feeling too well but I often wonder how your fight is going and hope you are getting some justice in this system that can be so so unfair :weep: !

They have been totally unfair to you and I hope it is going as well as it could be for you now!!??

I had to go to a work focused interview a few weeks back, I have been told I have to work now and I was supposed to go to another meeting with "ppdf" (?) but I couldn't make it as I was ill, I tried to contact them to let them know and I could not find a phone number anywhere for them and so now I don't know what will happen! Its so annoying I would do almost anything to go to work and do something everyday but physically I am feeling so bad, the pressure is really the worst!! :weep:

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Oh dear :weep:

Just noticed Bruno was a "removed user" and read up on why he left the forum..

Seems like a misunderstanding to me as so many problems often are :weep:

Well I hope he is still fighting the system which can be so unfair and Bruno if you ever read this I wish you the best with everything!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs: