PDA

View Full Version : My Pregabalin Diary

lele19
07-09-11, 08:44
I thought I would keep you all up to date on my taking of Pregabalin, as before starting this medication I couldn't find too many people's experiences of it.

Day 1. Took drug at 5pm, by 7pm dizziness had slowly increased. By 7.30pm I had to lie down in bed, the room was moving slightly but not spinning, blurry vision, trembling on and off fairly violently (nothing worse than anxious shaking though). I couldn't move my head without feeling faint and sick, neither could I stand or walk. My appetite was not affected and I ate dinner fine. If you just lay in bed, drink often and watch a film or something the side effects are bearable. As for my mood, I felt quite calm and like I didn't really care about the effects of the drug.

lele19
07-09-11, 22:57
Day 2. Woke up the morning after and most of these side effects have gone, I am able to walk/stand albeit slowly, and eat breakfast. Still sleepy and faint but this has wore off throughout the day. Managed a half hour walk into town in the afternoon. On taking my second dose of Pregabalin at around 6pm, I have barely any dizziness compared to yesterday. Also feel as though I have an inability to worry, kind of like a calmness passed over me today - kind of weird. No improvement on DP symptoms as of yet but still early days.

lele19
08-09-11, 09:10
Day 3. Well I've woken up this morning with a pretty bad headache around the forehead and back of my head/neck. I also feel more woozy than yesterday so far and more tired. I still feel relatively calm about the side effects. I have felt calm throughout the day, didn't manage a walk at lunch time due to the headache - which I shoved some frozen peas on and took paracetamol. The headache went gradually throughout the day and I went for a short ten minute walk in the afternoon. I took the next tablet around 7pm, again dizziness but this time I was able to walk, despite bumping into and dropping a few things. I had a good nights sleep, 8+ hours.

eight days a week
08-09-11, 18:50
Thanks so much for posting this lele, I'm thinking of trying pregablin, and this will be so helpful to me and to very many others coming after me - great job!! :yesyes:

lele19
09-09-11, 09:53
No worries Eight Days! Just thought I would try and help any way I can, I want everyone to recover. :)

lele19
09-09-11, 12:48
Day 4. Woke up this morning feeling very tired/dizzy again. After a few hours more worryingly I started to feel like an elephant is sat on my chest and that I can't breathe right. This also happened on Day 1 shortly after taking the tablet, but I just presumed it was the anxiety. Now I'm waiting for a phone app with a dr to see if I should discontinue the drug. (

JT69
09-09-11, 14:38
Hi lele19

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling like you are, it sounds like anxiety to me.

I have been taking pregabalin for over a year now along with 7.5mg of mirtazipine and it has been a wonder drug for me...I started on 50mg then upped it slowly under the advise of my GP...I now take 100mg morning and 100mg at night.

Hope you feel better soon, and hope the drug helps you like it has me.

TC
Jo.x

lele19
09-09-11, 14:58
Thanks for the comment Jo, did you ever have a sort of shortness of breath feeling during the first few weeks? x

lele19
10-09-11, 15:44
After speaking with my dr, unfortunately he advised me to stop taking Pregabalin due to my shortness of breath. I'm quite upset as this was definitely helping with the anxiety if nothing else, even after so little time. :(.