PDA

View Full Version : Thought I was doing so well

Silly Blonde
15-05-06, 09:22
Felt pretty good last week - wasn't worrying so much about symptoms, until the weekend.

I get married next week and my other half had his stag do on Fri night. I spent the whole night stressing about what he might be getting up to (my imagination is my downfall). Got really bad stomach ache and back ache on Saturday, and since last night, I have been feeling dizzy and sick.

Do you think it is because I was working myself up? I'm ok when I don't have any symptoms, but when they come back I start worrying all over again, that its the big "C".

SB xx

hayles
15-05-06, 09:31
Hey SB.

Congrats on getting married next week.
You should check out our wedding thread as there is a lot of people getting married soon including myself.

I am sure it is just worry that has brought back all your symptoms.
I know how you feel as i have been doing so well for ages
but for the last week my head pains have come back and I am stressing about them!

It is just us doing it to us! We just need to realise this and we will be fine......if only I could take my own advice....lol

All will go brilliantly next week - have a fabulous time

xxxxxxxx

Hay x

Alexandra
15-05-06, 09:53
Hi SB

Congrats on your wedding next week.

As Hayles says please come & look at the wedding thread in the misc section.

Its normal for us to feel stressed & as you say worked up on, they say weddings are one of the most stressful things apart from moving house etc.

I think you will benefit alot from the wedding thread hun.

Thinking of you

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

MrMonkey
15-05-06, 12:17
Sounds very much like you are working yourself up, which is only natural I think. We all do it. Just know that it will pass, and if youc an, talk to somebody when you feel bad, it helps distract you if nothing else.

Congratulations ont he wedding, I hope it goes well :)

lildutt
15-05-06, 12:20
hi hope wedding goes well and like mr monkey said i agree
bellxx

Silly Blonde
15-05-06, 12:22
Thanks all - just posted on the Weddings thread - made me feel soooo much better knowing that I'm not alone.

Its funny, even though I know weddings are stressful, I just cannot admit it to myself. I almost don't realise I'm stressed, until its too late and the symptoms come flooding back!!!

Take care

SB

MrMonkey
15-05-06, 14:59
Tell me about it. Me and my housemate both suffer from anxiety but where as he looks at the big picture all the time and worries about "who he is" and "where his life is going" etc (very deep) I take live as it comes, just see pieces and so I never see the stress building up. That's something I have to work on.

Weddings are stressful! So don't punish yourself if you slip. In fact you should be congratulating yourself for just getting through and then you'll soon feel better. Good luck!

It's just my high anxiety getting to the best of me. I call him Bingbongilypoop. Then I can laugh at him cos he has a funny name. HAHA! [points]

giddy
15-05-06, 15:28
Hello - best wishes for the wedding - you'll have a great day. I agree with all the others, weddings are stressful and stress can make everything seem worse. Try and find some time this week to pamper yourself and look forward to your wedding.
Love Helen

scoobygirl2005
15-05-06, 17:28
Aw hunni. Sorry to hear that. Its probably because you were working yourself up yes. You trust your partner right? So there is nothing to worry about. Just try and stay calm. And have a great day!

Scooby2005
x x

Daisybun
15-05-06, 19:26
Hi congrats on the wedding, its probably just pre wedding nerves and stress. Every bride gets nervous and there isn't a bride I know who doesn't have some stress before the big day. Just let it go hunni and enjoy yuor big day.

Daisybun

'This too will pass'