PDA

View Full Version : cardiac investigations

daisydoo
07-09-11, 13:26
Hi
I have been regular ectopics that are worse following exertion.
I have seen a cardiologist and they showed up on a ECG as my heart was racing 120+bpm and BP 190/110.
He said they were ectopics from the right ventricular outflow tract. They can be begnin but wanted to be sure nothing else going on as the ECG had some other irregularities.
He said he would be writing to my GP with results recommendations and would also write to me.
Had an echo, 24hr BP monitor and exercise tolerance test. Was calming down a bit as all the test were done then this morning i got an appointment letter for 3 weeks time!!
Would he not have just written to me if all ok??
Written to my GP if there was something minor that may need a med??
Does this mean something is wrong??

I am sure my first letter (but i cant find it) said he would write with reccomendations.
Just want to know now. If there is something i need to deal with it but now have a three week wait.

Any advice or opinions??
Thank you Daisy x

s11fyx
07-09-11, 15:47
im not sure really they all work differently i had loads of tests a ecg echo 4 week monitoring 24 hr monitor ect and just got a letter to say everything was fine and i was discharged my mum got meds there and then and they did her echo on the day in clinic

hope things work out ok x

daisydoo
07-09-11, 22:13
Anyone had any experience of this?

daisydoo
07-09-11, 22:16
Anyone else experienced this

Bruno58
07-09-11, 22:28
Yes I have, noticable when in bed and all quiet, I've had an echo and there is a problem although its 'mild' in my case, your BP is high, so is mine, I have reached 219/106 heart rate 106, I have the report from the hospital so I'll dig it out and post later, I wouldn't worry too much about it though, its not serious.

J.

Mirabelle
07-09-11, 23:29
Hi Daisy
I had cardio tests and an appointment to go back a few weeks later. Consultant told me all was well and discharged me. So not necessarily something wrong he may just want to see you before discharging you too.
x

daisydoo
07-09-11, 23:47
Hi. Thanks for your replies. Found out my letter and,it does say he will write with,reccomendations. The appointment was made after the exercise tolerance test but before the echo. Glad you wrte ok and discharged after seeing the consultant. Well hey ho nothing i can do anyway.Bruno does your heart problem cause you any trouble?? How was it diagnosed? Thank-you

Bruno58
08-09-11, 09:04
Hi daisy, ok, appt at the surgery doc notices a new sound in heart, i go for ecg and murmer confirmed, echocardiograph at local hosp, result is abnormal diastolic function with abnormal filling with one valve, summary..'mild aortic valve sclerosis', the rest of the heart is normal.

I have a prickling pain right side of chest but not very often, maybe 4-5 times a month, its not much and its not any problem really and I'm not on any medication for it at the moment.

My BP has been high for years and despite lots of tabs nothing brings it down, I feel ok but do have some dizzy spells fairly often, there are other reasons for this I know but too complicated to go into now.

I have to go out this morn but will come back here later today.

Take care and don't worry...I should take my own advice !!!

John.

daisydoo
08-09-11, 13:00
Ah thank you very very much for finding the time to give me that infromation. It was very thoughtful.
I know it could be all or nothing and i wont really know until i see him.
I also am very bad at taking my own advice.
When i told my husband i had an appointment to see the cardiologist he just said "yeah he wants to give you the results" and looks at me as if im mad (which i maybe, just a little).

Did the cardiologist see you again after the tests or just send you/GP a letter?
Thats whats worying me most that he wants to see me when before he said he would be looking out for my results keep the GP infromed of results and in the letter he sent me it said he would write to me with results and any reccomendations regarding this.
I know i know i can drive myself mad analysing it all where really i need to wait and chill and then deal with what he tells me. Its no good worrying about something that may/maynot happen.
See so rubbish at taking my own advice

Thanks again Daisy:):)

Bruno58
08-09-11, 20:56
Hi daisy, I didn't get to see a cardiologist, I asked the Sonographer after the echo what I should do next and she said a report would be sent to my GP,

(my previous experience which spans 21 years dealing with the medical profession and my problems guided me here!)

Echo was performed on the 5/12/09 and I saw the doc for the result on 5/2/10, I'm looking at the notes as I write this and at the time doc also wrote fatigued-under stress-poor sleep ref to antidepr and counsel...probably why it was 2 months before going back to find out about the result!, I can't remember the details of why it took so long now.

Just for info there are 2 pages from the hosp for the 'TTE' its quite comprehensive.

I've stopped asking/telling my wife the details and looking for an opinion as we get nowhere!

Don't worry about what others think either, I'm :wacko: too!

John.

daisydoo
08-09-11, 21:47
Thanks again. Thats not good you having,to wait all that time. I like to think the nhs pulls together when needed but i know this,is not always the case. Its good been a bit mad stops us been boring. Hope you are well. Daisy x