PDA

View Full Version : Dehydration/insomnia.

choccychompa
07-09-11, 15:21
Hi guys.
Last week I bought some new bathroom scales and they not only measure your weight, but also your BMI, bone density and water percentage. Well I couldn't believe it when I found that my body is only 40.5% water. It was off the bottom of the scale in the accompanying leaflet. 'Low' started at 45% and 'good' went up to about 75%. I figured if I was that dehydrated and I'm also having severe insomnia, that could account for how crappy I'm feeling (although, of course in my head it's always something more sinister!)

I have tried to drink more over the past week, yet the reading is still the same. I'm baffled. Other than sipping water all throught the day I'm not sure what to do.

Anyway, I just wanted a bit of reassurance really that lack of sleep, coupled with dehydration is capable of making you feel crappy. And I mean completely zapped of any energy, can't be bothered to do ANYTHING crappy. Thank you. xxx

swgrl09
07-09-11, 16:08
Yes, dehydration and lack of sleep can make you feel crappy. If you think about it, when you are hungover you really are just dehydrated. And lack of sleep, especially building up over a few days, can make you feel awful. Even if I have one night without a good amount of sleep I have nausea/dizziness the next day. Put both together and you feel really awful.

choccychompa
07-09-11, 22:01
Thank you honey. x