PDA

View Full Version : dealing with it

paul43
07-09-11, 16:44
Hi all,
have followed posts for a while and quite a few have helped me a lot, anyway i'm now in my 3rd week in hospital and thought i would share.
i am a extreme anxiety and panic attack sufferer and have tried most meds which have threatened to help for a short term but eventually would leave me in the same state as before, was admitted to hospital after latest breakdown and am now receiving more cbt.
i have just had my Pregabalin dose upped to 2 x 150 per day and quetiapine 300mg and been weaned off paroxetine 60mg and mirtazepine 30mg.
the quetiapine is definately helping with sleep, but also leaving me sluggish most of the day.
i have just seen consultant and he has allowed me 3 x 10 mins off the ward a day(don't know what i'm supposed to do with that), and maybe get more time next week.
am missing the wife and kids but as everyone keeps telling me, i'm in the right place for help.
i think i just needed to post this for my own kind of therapy.
so good luck all, the only way is up.

Belleblue
07-09-11, 16:53
Hi Paul and :welcome: I'm sorry to read that you have been through some very rough times. But it's true that you are in the right place to get some help.

Please keep posting and tell us how you are getting on.

Take care now.
Belle x