PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety

PauI
07-09-11, 16:58
Alright everyone,

First of all, sorry for the essay haha

Im Paul, 20 years old and have a good form of health.

Basically ill just write a little about what ive been feeling, just so you all know the complete story.

Approximately a month ago I began feeling like I had a heavy chest, was then aware of my heart beating and had 2 panic attacks in a week. Very unusual. I had palpitations for most of the week with a racing heart and lightheadedness. I visited the doctor on the friday, who refferedd me for an ECG and said it could be anxiety.

I have never been anxious or stressed about anything, so this through me off a little. I went out for a heavy drink on the Saturday as I felt much better (and it was my birthday) and woke up Sunday after approx. 6 hours sleep and went to work. I then had a very big panic attack, probably my worst, landing me in hospital. The only reason I went to hospital is so I could be examined WHILE having the attack, so they could identify what it was.

I was kept in and monitored for 2 days, had both an Echo scan and approx. 3-5 ECG's. Had many blood tests to rule out clots and other diseases and got the all clear. (I have Dextrochardia (heart on the opposite side) so they were astonished by me in hospital. I left on the Tuesday morning with a heart monitor that I had to wear for 2 weeks. I handed that back in last Thursday. I did not have any more cases of a beating heart and it seemed to calm down alot.

I did however have a feeling of being 'drunk' or maybe lightheaded. This at first lasted basically all day every day, but kept dissappearing.

After visiting the doctors again he told me that he could perscribe me Propanolol but I had to wait until they had finished the EKG.

Since then I have had no more issues with my chest, but have been suffering from migraines, dizzyness and also it feels like eye trouble. My pupils usually change size fairly rapidly, which is what I think the dizzynes/eye sensations are. I have a eye checkup on Friday so that should be ok.

The headaches are usually on one side of the head (left) but are spread around the front and back of the head. They subside when taking aspirin or similar headache tablets so I assume they are just tension headaches. I have been concentrating on relaxing my shoulders, as I heard this helps.

I do from time to time have a small "attack". This feels like I go very spaced out, finding it hard to concentrate with my eyes being very sensitive and rapid. The panic attacks I have had in the past (3) have been heart racing, difficult to breathe etc etc. So I was wondering what these attacks are. When they are happening I also do have silly anxious thoughts, and cant think of anything else (why is my leg twitching, what if I do this etc etc.) Just wondered if anyone had experienced a similar sort of thing with their anxiety, or with anything else related.

I have been going out with friends, going to work and also sleeping well. I tend to feel alot better when im concentrating on something, such as learning a new task at work or mid conversation. It does not get me down, but gets me frustrated with myself for not being well.

I have had no medication as of yet.

Thanks for any help :winks:

PauI
07-09-11, 17:15
Also, sorry for the double post but just a quick question.

Can Anxiety, be diagnosed as sort of constant? Or is it just diagnosed as having panic attacks or other attacks? I have not understood exactly how anxiety is diagnosed!

Cheers