PDA

View Full Version : New Here

becca3225
07-09-11, 22:05
Hello, my name is Rebecca and I suffer from horrible panic attacks. I used to get them as a teenager, but then they went away once I learned to "talk" myself out of them. It had been 12 years since I had one and all of a sudden, for the past 2 months I've been getting one almost everyday. The bad part is, I can no longer talk myself out of them because I'm convinced I'm dying. They're different now than they used to be so I think that's why I can't do it anymore. I used to just get the rapid breathing, rapid heartbeat and tingles. But now, I get the lump in the throat with the sensation that I can't swallow and have difficulty breathing. I know this is all in my head because I've gone to the ER twice and both times I was at 100% oxygen. I'm hoping to meet more people that I can talk to about this because my partner of over 4 years just doesn't understand. He tries to be comforting but it's frustrating for him. I have a friend who used to get them that I can talk with, but I need someone who's going through it now. I need to re-learn how to get out of the mindset once the panic comes on.

nomorepanic
07-09-11, 22:06
Hi becca3225

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.