PDA

View Full Version : My boyfriend just told me he has booked a surprise holiday and my eyes are playing up

anxietyoverload
08-09-11, 08:21
When he said it I was so happy! And then my anxiety hit me, I couldn't help think about been away from what I know and then I could see a White circle light, I just couldn't get rid of it! And even though my eyes haven't been that bad lately, now all I can think is brain tumour!! Why mr! Why can't I just be happy im going on holiday!! So if any of you have any reassurance for me I'd be grateful!! Even though Iv asked before! Xx

macc noodle
08-09-11, 09:13
so a brain tumour decided to reveal itself at the moment your boyfriend says he has booked a surprise holiday?

what are the odds on that ????

no chance whatsoever honey!

enjoy the surprise and let the anxiety wash over you - and what a lovely bf you have :D

anxietyoverload
08-09-11, 12:12
Ha when you say it like that I sound so silly! I wish someone could just say it's not even a sign of a brain tumour! Xx

daisydoo
08-09-11, 13:09
I think (am sure) there would be much more obvious signs. sight loss and proper double vision would be more likely.

It would be very strange to show it`self at that precise time!
More likely an optical migrane caused by the stress you are feeling at something different and the surprise.
I have to say if my husband did this i would be flat out on the floor in complete shock!!! Never in 20 years has he got anywhere near doing anything like this.
Enjoy XXX
PS Can i ask where you are going. Just to make myself more jealous and bitter. :D

anxietyoverload
08-09-11, 14:32
Yes, we are going to a 4 star all inclusive hotel in lanzarote!! I can't wait although I'm not a huge fan of flying though! But I do love the plane food!! Xx

daisydoo
08-09-11, 14:39
yes now i really am jealous. My wet week in Wales (that i had to sort out) does not compare
I love any food!! But do know what you mean about plane food. I usually end up eating everyones. That is everyone who is with me not everyone on the plane. Not been abroad since kids about 6 years.
How do you feel now? Over the shock?
Enjoy xx

anxietyoverload
08-09-11, 20:29
Definatly better!! I just have to convince my self, other than the floating lights I'm fine, no brain tumour! Thank you, you've been so lovely :) x

daisydoo
08-09-11, 21:43
Ah thank you. I know how our thoughts can ruin things for us. You dont have a brain tumour. I get funny sparkly things in my vision, floaters and cant go in sunlight without my sunglasses. I to have have times when i have a brain tumour. This is when its not an annerysum ! But from my extensive research and my personal experience of nursing patients with this it is normally a siezure that is the first symptom. If visual problems are present it is usual to completly lose sight. Thete are obviously always variations but it would be very very unlikley. Look at me been all rationale and giving advice when in "real life" i am the most unrationale person but please do as i say and not what,i do and forget about tumours and go spending for lovely hols clothes x