PDA

View Full Version : This wek I shall be mostly dying of . .

mconlon
15-05-06, 12:39
Really struggling today. After 4 or 5 days feeling nauseous at work and at home I'm beginning to go down the slide of "what the hell is this" dialogue.

My left side is crampy, I feel dizzy at work and I have whittled it down to cancer or heart attack. I feel rotten when I lie down. My appetite is fine though!!

So is this a different side to anxiety? I'm doing less of the panic symptoms - is this a different shade and does it mean I'm getting better?

Like most of you I'm heartily sick of feeling sick and tired. Why does my body give me these symptoms?

Got to resist the urge to just go home from work and hide under the bedcovers and hope to awake feeling better.

ANy tips?
MC

Daisybun
15-05-06, 12:51
Love the title it made me laugh!! I guess you know deep down that it is anxiety, your body is just keeping on pumping out all those stress hormones and doing weird things. Maybe take 5 mins evry now and again to just relax your mind. I just picture myself somewhere else - mountains are my fave or a beach. Or just got out for a walk over lunch. Sorry if its not a lot of use but hope it may help you a bit

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

tatters1975
15-05-06, 12:52
Hi MC, I'm a new member only joined this morning. I'd convinced myself I was going to die of a kidney infection yesterday! Turned out my back was aching due to playing golf the day before but no matter how much I told myself that yesterday I wouldn't believe it. Woke up this morning and my back ache had gone. Still felt up tight when I got into work this morning but have been popping in and out of this site all morning and now feel much more relaxed. Sometimes I think it helps just talking about things. I feel very tired and the anxiety gets worse when I'm tired. Have you any friends at work you can talk to (just about anything), it may help take your mind off things.
Thinking of you
xx

ruthb1
15-05-06, 12:54
hi mconlon,

i really struggle with health anxiety now, but it started with with panic attacks, i dont get panic attacks the way i used to or i can cope with them better, i just have these horrible feelings from day to day with different symtpoms. i used to be in the doctors all the time when i was at my worst but i have learned to accept that it is anxiety an i am sure you will too. It is really hard, i have been like this for 2 years now i have been at the bottom and at the moment i am probably near the top but i dont see it that way, i still feel sorry for myself and i am sure you do to. We are all in the same boat but there is light at the end of the tunnel and we are always here to help and support you. take care Ruthb1

pips
15-05-06, 12:59
Hi MC,

Anxiety tis horrible and in can display a number of symptoms in many forms shapes and sizes and sometimes throws in totally new ones just to pee you off! LOL.

The trouble is the more you dwell on the symptoms the more apparent they seem to be.

Yesterday I had a pain in the chest well i was convinced it was a heart attack. I went out did stuff and distracted myself and funny enough the pain eased a bit.

So sometimes a health anxiety really rules our mind I know at times i struggle.

The best thing to do is try to put the "what ifs'" in the back of your mind. Tell yourself it's just anxiety etc.. and it can't and won't hurt you!

Try to stick out work if you can and I hope you feel brighter soon.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X

hayles
15-05-06, 13:53
Hey MC

I know what you mean....today I am dying from a Brain tumour! My head pains are back I am convinced this is something terrible, and am feeling very on edge today!

Trying to tell myself its stress and anxiety, like my doc has done time and time again! But I just cant seem to accept it.

I just need to deal with the fact that i am a nutter.......lol

I know i dont have any tips, coz i need some myself at the mo, but i can tell you i feel poo too! so ur not alone

keep smiling........your fellow nutcase hay x

Hay x

katies
15-05-06, 13:56
Hi

I know where you are coming from and love the title of your post !!

I too suffer with health anxiety - over the past month I have had a DVT in my calf muscle, MS, brain tumour, heart attack and the list goes on ......

Every time it was nothing - hard to accept that it is all anxiety. One of the hardest things for me to deal with as I have mentioned before on previous posts is that I just cannot accept that anxiety can make you feel so very poorly physically. Also like you the fatigue is overwhelming. Everything aches.

Good luck mate and feel free to mail me anytime you want a chat

KatieS xxx

mconlon
15-05-06, 15:12
Thanks all for your messages

Given that we have all died a million times and had every ailment unders the sun, shurely we qualify as some sort of walking miracles!!! And yet I see no documentaries on TV about how great we are!!

I'm often inspired by Spike Milligan and his "I told you I was ill" headstone. He was well into his 80's when he popped off. I guess one day we'll be correct - will we be smug enough to come back with a line like that I wonder?

Until then I feel like the boy who cried wolf - and even though I consider myself to be intelligent I cannot help but cry out "something is wrong" when I feel odd or new symptoms.

Ended up being sent home - "you look gray" - which of course only feeds my neurosis.

I think the future should involve some sort of MOT for the brain- mine clearly isn't working properly, some sort of gasket has likely gone - I'd gladly pay for one that doesn't send innappropriate signals at innappropriate times.

Thanks all for the support. Its good to know I'm not on this path on my own.
MC

Silly Blonde
16-05-06, 09:22
Hey guys

Love the title!!! And Lucy, your list sounds like mine!!

My psychiatrist (I only seem him once every 3 months) always asks me before I leave "are you dead yet???" He started asking me that over 18 months ago when I first went to see him, and although he never "reassures" me - just by him asking that should tell me something I guess!!

SB xx

JayK
16-05-06, 09:38
LOL.. I love it!

I never had so much the hypochondria phobia but actually the sort of opposite where I would insist everything was 'just stress'.
Then it dawned on me that staying up very late every night, drinking 10 cups of coffee a day/night and smoking a pack of cigs a day might actually be unhealthy and why i feel bad.

See, the one thing anxiety people like to do is 'self analyze' every sensation to determine if they are 'freaking out' starting to panic, having more anxiety and so on.

So, maybe sometime you REALLY ARE just very tired and your short of breath from SMOKING.
I have to stop myself from analyzing a scary monologue:
"whats this now!?' .. 'why am I so anxious.. oh Nooo.. Im 'relapsing'.. what am I gonna do if it comes back full force... ohhhh.. there is the shallow breathing, dizziness... all my therapy was for waste.. its over now..

Now I have a special thing this week.. Doctor is concerned about something and wants me to get tested all week and get in again soon.
Aha.
He cant tell me anything until he see's the results.

So, I have attempted to have:
Cancer
Lung Cancer
Plurisy (possible i made this one up just for me)
Thyroid Cancer
At least 45 different possible types of 'chronic infection'.
Neurological Damage (thats actually a real concern) but Im going to lose feeling in my arms and legs and worse yet my genitals and bowels.
Wow.. peeing myself and being single for life and eventually
Dying alone in a van down by the river!

But... hehe.. Im not going to bother much with those fears since I have a 'greater fear' of blood test needles.

Piglet
16-05-06, 12:50
Title totally made me laugh!!!!

Love Piglet (who does exactly the same)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Paddington
16-05-06, 13:28
i love it,we all do the same thing,die every day of the same things,the list is endless.I often cry out 'oh god i'm dying!!'of course i 'm not or i wouldn't be writing this[lol]i, too,have numb feelings and i too was convinced that it was some terminal illnes,and the lossof bowel control was gunna turn me into a social pariah!!??the numb feelings are gone now???wel not as bad???The best of it is i have actually had cancer,and i wasn't scared or shouting out i'm dying,ijust got on with it!!!!How ruddy bizzare is that???Hey should keep this thread going ,it is sooo uplifting and hilarious,the best medicine in my book!Better go i feel a brain tumour comin on!!llove mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

shiv
16-05-06, 14:29
I love this title!

In the past 2 months, I've had 25 heart attacks, 17 strokes, acouple of brain haemmhorages(?) and a dvt! That's without the numerous other 'fatal illnesses' I've had in the last 12 years!

Shiv x

Daisybun
16-05-06, 14:41
Just had to reply again, this has made me smile even more, it is just sooo me and so true - my husband keeps saying to me what are you dying of this week? I just had to smile and laughter is the best medicine - I just may add the title in my journal and see how many diseases i get in the next few months

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

hayles
16-05-06, 14:48
This is great.

Daisy my future hubby always says....Whats wrong with you now. If i mention something is wrong like A pain he will automatically diagnose soemthing terrible before i can even get in there....talk about supportive.....lol

I was just saying this to him last night as I have a cough....he told me it is prob a chest infection which i will most certainly die from.....cheeky bugger!

I love this thread almost as much as my wedding one......even though some of you are not getting married, it is a giggle to read - coz we are all nuts!

Hay x

shiv
16-05-06, 14:51
Yeah me too Hayles. There seems to be a lot of light relief on here recently and it's a welcome break from all our usual seriousness!

Laughter IS indeed the best medicine.

Shiv x

mconlon
16-05-06, 15:26
....still dizzy and nauseous. . .and in the cold light of day I can see many reasons for it.

I was once convinced I had Pleurisy and went on the internet to find out all about it.

Turns out they are a Death Metal rock band from netherlands - go figure!

Dark humour and sarcasm can often be helpful in dismissing the catastrophising thoughts - it kicks the legs from under their self-importance and my thoughts and sensations often feel like the most important and must be dealt with NOW!!

MC

marie ross
16-05-06, 17:12
MC.

Brilliant!!!! My other half's sick sense of humour is what keeps me going and not being morbid and depressing when yet again i feel another stroke coming on!!!!!

Marie XXX

Paddington
16-05-06, 22:45
oh yes,we gotta keep this up folks ,i've been howlin again at the heavy rock band ,hilarious!!I had a heart attack earlier this evening[well ok it was colic again]oh yes and my hay fever eye was swollen and red and had pressure behind it so my brain tumour was pressin on my eye[of course]i asked my other half to look and it wasn't even red !!!ha ha ha ha!!!I LOVE THIS THREAD.xxxLove mary-rose.xxxxxxxxx

hayles
17-05-06, 09:04
Had a heart attack this morning!
Never really worried about heart attcks before, but for about an hour this morning, each in take of breath caused a sharp pain in my left boob. also sharp pain if i moved, felt horiible, panicked a little. My boyfriend was lovely as per usual.

Anyway got up eventually when pain eased did some massive Burps, and now it is gone......trapped wind i guess???

My fella rand me a 8 to check i was still alive....lol.

Complete nutter. struggling not to google my symptoms this morning!!!!!

Love this thread - love it!

Hay x

shiv
17-05-06, 09:55
Hi there,

If we're talking about recent life-threatening conditions, thought I'd let you know I had a brain tumour last night: numbness on one side of my face, dull headache, muzzy foggy feeling in head. But do you know what? It seems to have cured itself this morning!

Shiv x

jackie
17-05-06, 16:02
mc im sorry im so like you. this week as always ill be dying of heart attack or clot , which ever gets me first

not alone

jackie

Daisybun
17-05-06, 17:42
I'm crying, this is so great - a death metal band called pleurisy, wonder how many more are out there, just can't stop giggling

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

mconlon
17-05-06, 20:27
http://www.pleurisy.nl

click on the background to find out all about them

Here's an idea . . .

Lets try to form a band or many bands named after whatever we have that week . .

Live on stage - "Myocardial Infraction!"
or
The new album from "Weird funny feeling on my left side":D

I joke of course but we all know times when everything feels really serious - I just got back from docs today to be told it's just a tummy upset. . . .so now I'm moving on to the dizziness and taking that far too seriously.

My computer and printer have options like "System Restore" and "Default to factory settings" - is there no drug or treatment out there that can recall our pre-panic/anxiety state? Surely the brain has not forgotten that memory?[?]

MC

shanti
18-05-06, 01:36
I just found this forum...its 137am and i cant sleep...convinced im having an anaphlactic shock (or however you spell it!!) my anxiety in the last few weeks has spiralled out of control, but reading this forum i feel a little less crazy. I felt like i was the only one on the planet that had these feelings...and seeing that half of you have had soooooooo many illnessese [8)] i can only hope...... [:X]

Paddington
18-05-06, 15:57
hi shanti,aint it great ,this post??I've never laughed so much!mc,that is a fab idea,uummm...how about that famous song'all i want is the air i cant breath'...bybrown paper bag!!Come on guys,get the list goin .This is the best threadin ages.real good medicine.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxx

shanti
19-05-06, 13:24
okay this isnt really funny...but heres stuff that i found by bands i like that have kinda anxiety related themes!! (i could go on and on with the list lol)

Alkaline Trio - have songs called Trouble Breathing and another called Blue In The Face

Alexisonfire have a song called - Pulmonary Archery!!

Bad Religion - have ones called Delirium Disorder one called Sanity and one called...(drum roll)...ANXIETY!!!

and also...this is lyrics to one of Alexisonfires songs called Sharks and Danger

[Woman]
St. Catharines Psychiatric Help Line, this is Nancy.

[Man]
I'm sure this is all gonna sound really ridiculous and uh... I don't exactly expect anyone to believe all this. Uh... for the last little while I've been kinda keeping correspondance with my sanity, and uhh… I really get the feeling that I’m starting to lose interest in the letter writing process. The pieces of the letters, they just get progressively shorter and shorter until it’s not even a reply. I uhh... the whole thing makes me really nervous. I just wish I could show you what a huge problem this is.

As life hangs beside me
I gather all that I can
You were never one for confrontation
But now it lies all in your hands

Your hands...

[Man]
I kind of have this... Really terrible habit of asking myself all these stupid questions, right? Like what if uhh… what if there's a spot on my body that I can touch to keep my heart from beating? or like what if, what if theres this uhh... stray bullet out there that’s gonna come through my window and take me out? like what if uhh... what if theres this huge unstoppable comet that’s just gonna like, destroy the earth and all of us? Like what... what if that’s happening right now? How can I avoid all these questions if I don't have that? Like, who is gonna be here? Why... who is gonna be there... in the hospital? Who is gonna tell me that all this is bulls***... its a dream? Just a dream.This is not a joke. And uhh... i'll never sleep.

Who will be there to tell
Me how stupid I am? [4x]

Who will keep me from lashing out? (lashing out)
Anxiety chokes me like razor wire (razor wire)
Who will keep me from lashing out? (lashing out)
Anxiety chokes me like razor wire (razor wire)

Now it's all in your hands, in your hands [x4]

(Anxiety chokes me like razor wire)

Anxiety chokes me like razor wire, razor wire... [to fade]

[click]

[8)]

janie
21-05-06, 13:25
Oh thank you so much for this thread mc - i have laughed more this morning than I have done in the last 6 weeks. I'm new to all this anxiety nonsense and to be quite honest am a lot pi***ed off with it.

So good to read others stories and it is clear to me that everyone chatting has a great sense of humour and not bonkers at all!

Perhaps some of you guys can help with a question I have about how this anxiety kicked off wit me - I've started a new topic called "where did that come from?";)

wendy
21-05-06, 13:55
MC what a great post, The title sums me up totally [:I][:I][:I][:I]

Ive even got my mum to pinch me coz thought I had died!! Good to bring a bit of humour to this!

Hope you feelin better

Wendy xx

smiffie
21-05-06, 18:03
Hey guys,

Im new here, and just had to respond....

I am the same, I have spent the last week convincing myself i have angina, about 5 heart attacks, colon cancer, a stomach ulcer, a hiatis hernia and wait for it...... liver failure and kidney disease...

And whats been wrong with me?

Pain in my chest, a tight left shoulder and diarreha, I sometimes gulp for breath and I get this wired sensation in my solar plxus region.... anyone else get that ?

BUT, i know deep down that its more than likely just my anxiety and panic that makes the feelings worse...

Going to sound stupid, but is there any medication that can help with this as my GP has put me on paroxatine at a level of 30mg a day...

Will things get worse before they get better ?

Smiffie

smiffie
21-05-06, 18:06
"struggling not to google my symptoms"

Guess im not the only one hahaha

God i feel better for reading this !!!

AngieC
21-05-06, 18:40
nice to see I'm not the only one...

This week was a brain tumour for me. Not quite decided what's on the menu for the next few days but the tumour seems to have cleared up for now...

Laughter is great therapy. This post has definitely helped [^]

Paddington
24-05-06, 17:54
helo everyone,how are our ailments today[love the lyrics by alexisonfire!!]mmmm Smiffie,i haven't had liver failure yet,i am sure i have that to look 4ward too[lol]I did ,however,die just before i went to sleep last night!I am happy to say my resurection has been a complete success,ha ha ha!!keep em comin guys,we need a larf!love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Two heads
24-05-06, 18:14
Yes i m just the same!Ive got a nice list of illnesses that i have had since december and it just keeps growing!xx

mad cowz
24-05-06, 19:22
has anyone had mad cow disease yet? gotta to love coz it keeps me sane.

ive also got angina , lung cancer , brain disease and low blood presure at this moment in time ( and mad cow disease as a bonus coz i got a headache and feel a bit funny ) oh yeah and a tumour in my windpipe?

same **** , different day

clickaway
24-05-06, 23:00
You lot with 25 heart attacks and 17 strokes are such lightweights.

I've actuially died four times already ;)

If I'm offline for a couple of days, you'll know why...

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Paddington
24-05-06, 23:14
hey there Ray ,glad to see your resurections went well too,i mean you simply cant get the staff these days and one never knows!!!???I take it we are alive and not zombies???Well if body parts start droppin off or i pass the test 4 the next thriller video,i'll let you know!!ha ha ha.love mary-rose,xxxxxxxxx

Daisybun
24-05-06, 23:35
these are such great posts. Keep it going guys, making us smile is got to be good.

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

aldupre
25-05-06, 04:31
This week, for me...it's the brain tumor that didn't show up on the MRI wreaking havoc with my balance. Damn sneaky that brain tumor is. It's also the "ear rocks" causing my bppv that are harmless, but since I was in the 10% that didn't benefit from PT. I'll be the only persin they're fatal for. Love you guys for your patience!

April

hayles
25-05-06, 09:29
Well for me this week it is mouth cancer.
You will see form my other posts. I have a sore ish thorat and just a general weird feeling in my mouth, kinda like i have burnt it.
Have been to the docs ad she thinks it may be a reduction in my meds that is causing it or, wait for it.....a virus, when isnt it a virus!!!!!!

Have googled sore mouth and guess what came up....mouth cancer.......what a muppet!!!!

Love this thread....Love it

Hay x

mconlon
25-05-06, 11:47
Hello again all.

Have you ever had no physical sensations, aches or pains and feel pretty good about yourself and the world AND THEN convince yourself that something must be wrong because you feel good? Calm before the storm?

Thoughts are so stupid- am I sure its me that creates them!!

I'm feeling happy because I have piles - you know, haemorroids (how is it spelt?) and I managed to convince myself it was piles and not bowel cancer or anything else and I didn't google or go to the doc so I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself (whilst sitting with only one cheek on the chair cos the pain is too uncomfortable). Imagine that - pleased to have piles - I'm soooo turning into my Dad . . . middle age welcomes me with open arms (and some cream)

MC

hayles
25-05-06, 12:04
MC

The fact that you can joke about you piles
telle me you are plain and simply NORMAl!

Happy creaming.......

Hay x

blondesmurf
25-05-06, 13:15
This has really made me giggle at work I have to say.

I am currently dying of a brain tumour, self diagnosed of course, but reading these posts has given me the slightest hope that possibly I am not!!!

Thanks for the laughter xxxx

marie ross
25-05-06, 17:19
MC

You make me laugh, i know what you mean this week i have been disease free, but i'm waiting and waiting for something to crop up other than the usual strokes (there're boring me now!!!!)

Marie XXX

Have you tried a rubber ring yet!!!!!!!!

Pilly
26-05-06, 08:42
I also get all these symptoms, but what causes it, thats what i would like to know, sometimes i wish i was a simple creature, a creature who just gets on with the cycle of life without thinking all the time about peril, but i guess this is the trade off most of us make for being the most inteligent creatures on the planet, as you may know i have just started going to the gym which makes me feel great, but the trade of seems to be more aches and pains to worry about.
Today i have woken up with a stiff shoulder which is causing some nombness in my left hand, so im sat here thinking i must have had a heart attack in my sleep, or im just about to have one but like everyone else here im sure it will pass.

Daisybun
26-05-06, 10:44
had two vertigo attacks in the night - my song to day is 'You spin me right round' and I'm so dizzy' but hey did the exercises and feeling much better! Hey April sorry the PT didn't work but try the exercises anyway, I've had vertigo (poss brain tumour lol) for 20 odd years, still ain't got me yet!!!

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Attsila
29-05-06, 15:13
This is too funny. While everyone is sharing there illnesses I will share mine I reckon.
In the past month and a half i have had
Rabies.
Multiple Sclerosis
numerous heart attacks and strokes
brain tumor
and the latest is that I noticed my tongue trembling last night. no it can't be from the magnesium defficency that I have from my adrenal fatigue that I was diagnosed with because that would be the real reason and not fatal. It can't be because I spent all day yesterday on edge and I haven't had 8 hours of sound sleep in months because that would be to easy. I immediately googled it and came up with ALS. So that has to be it lol It is soo nice to know that I am not alone in the world. This posting was genius :-) You guys ROCK!

worrying is alot Like a Rocking Chair It is something todo but it won't get you anywhere

scoobygirl2005
29-05-06, 15:54
Oh dear, poor you Att. Well what has happened to me this past month? I have had endless panic attacks, an awful lot of them. I found another lump under my arm and now I think it has disappeared, really strange that, so that worried me quite a bit! Had a lot of other stressful stuff happen which has made me not very well. Was in bed with stomach ache and I was in that much pain that I couldn't go to sleep until about 8am in the morning! I am always feeling so panicy and stressed. Night times are the hardest for some reason, I just feel so alone all the time. I just feel like giving up. Ok well I shall shut up now, don't think anything else has happened this past month.

Scooby2005
x x

Attsila
29-05-06, 17:14
It will be ok scooby. I know what it is like to feel alone and panicky all the time. even though I know I am not slone. Things will get better I know they will.

worrying is alot Like a Rocking Chair It is something todo but it won't get you anywhere

Paddington
13-06-06, 10:14
hi fellow sufferers!!Have got this up onto the forumafian 4 'when will thisend'...she is having a bad d ay and thought this may cheer her up and iti s about time we had some more funny posts!!!I died yesterdaywhen i walked thru my livung room door!I went to answer the phone went dizzey and that was it i had died!Well maybe not BUT it was close my friends very close!!!!love and laughter.mary-rose.xxxxxxxx

anxious
13-06-06, 10:35
glad your feeling better mary-rose after dying yesterday. I though i had the start of ms last week with pins and needles in my hand and arm - then realised it was from resting my arm on pc table whilst using the mouse (on this site too much!)
So whats everyone else got this week?

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Borntoworry
13-06-06, 11:17
Morning all

looks like today is a haemorrhage waiting to happen.
Have woken with pains in the temple jumping from side to side, had a dizzy spell too....... [Sigh...]

hayles
13-06-06, 12:08
Well today I am convinced it is leukemia. Now i Know this should not be joked about as it is actually affecting people on the is site, but i cant take my mind off it.

oh and stupid me googled the symptoms. I have had a sore mouth on and off and i have bruises all the time ( i know i bruise easily but that is not the point) But apparently these are classic symptoms..........ARGH

Hay x

anxious
13-06-06, 12:25
I'm always covered in bruises, have been for years and i'm still hear to tell the tale.
As for sore mouths, well i'm the master of that one. Have had mouth problems for 5 years and have had everything you can think of - i'm surprised i havent broken google!!! And guess what, i'm still here with a sore (all but intermittent) mouth. Amazing

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

hayles
13-06-06, 12:46
Thanks anxious that is some what reassuring x

Hay x

Paddington
13-06-06, 15:05
hey dont talk to me about bruises folks!I keep breaking out in lttle ones and my ribs hurt today,i think it is only a matter of time,probably all the time in the world,ha ha ha ha!Oh anxious,you made me howl with laughter mate!!'glad you are feelin better after dying yesterday'hanha ha,yes i feel suprisingly well,apart from the tumour in my eye[AGAIN!!!!]LOVE TO LAUGH,Love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

cathy s
15-06-06, 10:15
Thank you for making me laugh with your title!
Then I read all the other posts & laughed even more! 'feeling better after dying yesturday'!!! 'rabies'!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know this sounds lame, but have you got a hobby that you can concentrate on to take you're mind of how you are feeling. And can you give yourself rewards for feeling well, whilst ignoring feeling ill?

Just a suggestion

I'll just add mine while I'm here;
asthma attacks
Chest infection/cancer
cancer of the tongue
manic depression
complete exhastion and collapse due to 5 min walk to the school!!!

I think thats all, I must be having a good week!!!!!

Cat

april tones
15-06-06, 19:57
Hi I HAVE BEEN FEELING GOOD panic wise latelty but last weekend it hit me with a boom!!!
convinced my self i had sunstoke, felt sick and horrible!
cant get it out of my head now xx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

Paddington
04-07-06, 13:18
hi everyone,thought it time to get this back on the topic board we all need to lighten up and have a laugh!Got it for barry who is new and wants to have a giggle with the rest of us !oh just in case you thought i was fully recovered think again my friends!As i walked thru town in the bistering heat to pick up me red or dead specs[seemed fitting me havin redhair and one day i am dead the next day no!!]i got a pain in my head ,ooh i went dizzy, i grabbed out to hang on to my partner to ask him to look after the kids with my last dying breath....he was looking in the jewellery shopwindow so missed my last words....just as well i was ok then really!!!:)....love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

cathy s
04-07-06, 15:15
thats funny Mary Rose!
I agree we all need to laugh more. I was on the chat room today & met a great bunch of people that made me laugh alot & gave me the courage to go out & do something I thought I wouldn't be able to today. It was their encouragement & humour that did it!

The heat is affecting alot of us, I've definatly gone back a few steps this week.

polly daydream
04-07-06, 18:30
How funny, that made me laugh Mary Rose, just what we need.

Polly x

ceecee
04-07-06, 20:39
brilliant they all made me cry with laughter!!!mary rose that one will keep me smiling through the evening!WHAT A CLASSIC!!!!IT,S GOOD TO KNOW WE CAN LAUGH AT OURSELVES TOO!TAKE CARE EVERYONE RACHELX X X

jbond1978
07-11-08, 10:37
Haha! this is great - almost healing in itself to read this thread.

This week I've been most busy dying of:

Leukemia
Bowel cancer
Testicular cancer
Sinusitis (yes indeed !)
Meningitis
Infections in small AND medium sized blood vessels
Bronchitis
Asthma
Pain in muscles of legs after walking stairs (what!? - you CAN die from this)
and Stomach ulcer

Today I feel great due to this thread, but soon a new disease will strike! :yesyes:

Best wishes,
Jens B.

Paddington
07-11-08, 14:02
:roflmao: Oh brilliant!!I am so glad this post is back up again..hey i am still alive guys.....:ohmy: :blush: !!Goin to drs today..i have a lump on my thumb[cant be athritis ..gotta be cancer] and my hip hurts ..oh yeh and my leg went numb in the Asda..i told my daughter i felt i was going to fall on the floor and die..so when i fall please stick a muffin in my trap so i can die happy!!lol.Keep 'em comin guys:roflmao: Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxx

agent orange
07-11-08, 17:32
Yes, I agree with you all. I have died a thousand deaths and I too find the exhaustion just a bit too much. I don't suffer very often from panic attacks, but the anxiety ticks over and my symptoms are sometimes too much. I have aching muscles, dizziness, tiredness, nausea to name a few. But we must laugh, it helps. I hate being a hypochondriac but I do sometimes laugh at myself. It helps knowing there are others out there.
Tony

aurora
08-11-08, 05:38
This is a great thread. Glad to see it's being kept up. This week, I am dying of:

kidney infection
abdominal aneurysm
pulmonary/heart disease due to a bit of trouble breathing

A relatively good week for me!

aurora

skye
10-11-08, 12:37
Hahahha giggling away reading everyones comments! Love the title jeez lets see today...its heart attack again! Had chest pains at the weekend, convinced myself that my 15-20 marlboro lights a day had finally caused my poor little heart to conk out. Actually im still thinking that but im still here so i figure thats a good sign?! but my hair thinning has been the past week, but i also have lung cancer most days, i worry about worrying also i thnk apparantly anxiety attacks cant give you a heart attack bnut whats all this stressing out and anxirty doing to my body? Right nuff worrying!

cathy s
28-12-10, 19:55
I was reading all these again today for the third time, it really cheered me up, again, laughed out loud!

I don't think I'm dying of anything today! Result!!

Happy New Year everyone!