PDA

View Full Version : so called "friend" hit me over the head for a joke :(

Em.ma
08-09-11, 13:31
I was at college and thought i would open up to a friend about my fear of health issues mainly hemmorage- he then got a water bottle fill up and hit me on the top of head with it saying "here hopefully this will proove you wont die from a bang on the head" im furious and very anxious at the moment.
:'(
I left college, couldnt face last lesson and came home in tears (no one was home) even some lady on the street said to me "are you allright you dont look it" .

Em.ma
08-09-11, 13:35
also i was prescribed 10mg citalopram yesterday but im nervous about having it

Em.ma
08-09-11, 13:35
all ive had to drink today is one can of coke- thats all we had to take to school with me so im worried. ive not eaten im just to scared.

daisydoo
08-09-11, 13:38
Oh how horrible. People without anxiety really dont get it at all. I must admit before i got anxiety myself i could never understand it myself.
Very brave to open up to them. Dont let them get to you.
As for the bottle doing anything to your skull/brain it is very (totally) unlikely.
My toddler fell five foot (bad Mom i know) onto concrete. Knocked himself out but was fine.
Hope you feel better soon

daisydoo
08-09-11, 13:41
Have something to eat you really must. not eating will make you worse. I also have an extreme fear of meds. But when i am in a rationale mind i know sometimes they are needed.
But maybe calm down and feel less anxious before you take them as you may attribute any feeling to a side effect. i say this because i know i always do it x

Em.ma
08-09-11, 13:43
Thank you. i was suprised when she prescribed cit as im only 17. i feel like im failing my self by not going to college

daisydoo
08-09-11, 13:45
Dont be so hard on yourself. We all need a day off sometimes! Enjoy college thou. :)

london
08-09-11, 14:17
i been hit on the head loads in my life iam still here dont worry
god bless

sammi
08-09-11, 14:37
A big board fell on my little girls head today at school and shes fine so im sure you will be :) easier said than done i know but try relax a bottle of water wont hurt you hunni x

Em.ma
08-09-11, 14:50
Thank you.
Glad your daughter is ok x

Gemma T
08-09-11, 14:56
I have to say that your friend is a real a hole. No sympathy. What a bone head.

Im sure you are 100% fine.

Would advise a better friend x x x

s11fyx
08-09-11, 15:39
take the cit and make sure you have something to eat just try and relax x

duke246810
08-09-11, 18:29
How many times have you been to the doctors lately? As they have never offered me this? :/ take it Emma it will make you feel better, your be ok :) xx

lizzie29
08-09-11, 18:42
Very insensitive friend, but as I've learnt, a lot of people don't understand anxiety.
I'm really sure you'll be okay - when I was younger I remember lots of people at school and college messing around and hitting people with water bottles, and everyone was always fine.

I've been on 10mg cit in the past and felt no side effects at all from it. Even if you do, it'll be short term and better than having the anxiety. It'll be a positive step in your recovery, like someone suggested take them at night.

And try and eat a piece of toast or fruit, even if you feel you can't just take little bites while watching tv or something so you're not focussing on it too much.

Please try the citalopram, you can see on this forum some of the success stories from it - you can do this! :)

Em.ma
09-09-11, 17:58
thank u all. i have counsellung on monday to x duke- about two or three times in last two weeks x

Em.ma
12-09-11, 20:17
turned up to counselling only to be told that she was ill n i have to wait 4 weeks now- ive waited since april. they didnt even bother to phone me to tell me she was sick. some lady came up to me on the street two days ago n said 'arnt u ugly, u have a weird face' i bumped into her again today. also i have a dent on forehead that wasnt there today, when doing hair brush tapped head again. worrying that bad sinus pain im getting is causing brain issues- sinus issues can spread to brain. also sometimes my leg makes a noise like a tummy n makes a pulse. my legs hurt after three seconds of kneeling. i get near ankle cramps sometimes, also if i run n put foot on groubd it hurt sonwtimes. one nifht after 3 days in i had to walj 4 30 mins to get feeling back. can now feel lump on one side of foread- wasnt there before. im so stressed.

Em.ma
12-09-11, 20:23
im scared anxiet will shut my immunity down- had 3 colds this year, ear, throat, sinus infection, allergies. rarely had a cold b4 anxiety, never had an infection n sinus issues. stress is going to kill me.

Nessy
12-09-11, 20:25
What a horrible woman! She obviously doesn't think much of herself if she is saying things like that to people. People that say things like that are often jealous. You never know someone might have said something like that to her earlier in the day and she just wanted to make someone feel as bad as she felt. Nothing to do with how you actually look! xx

Em.ma
12-09-11, 20:33
thanks- sad thing is i belive her. all through school i was told that 'my ugly face was going to get burnt off' people threw things at me, threatend to take my hair down if i didnt straighten it. so i ruined my curls by straughtening every day for 2 years. i truly believe i look ugly at college i cover half my face when i walk around- i love bad weather as i can wear a hood n cover my self. my chest hurts so bad.

mel78
12-09-11, 21:14
Your friend is a moron and the woman on the street is a total freak. Just ask yourself - what would have to be wrong with a person to make them go up and say something - anything - to a random stranger in a public place?

I was sad to hear of your hard time at school. Life can be hard when you are a teenager. I guarantee you are far more attractive than you give yourself credit for. I think as you get older you realise that people really aren't really ugly or beautiful - they are just all different. Marlene Dietrich could have passed for a man - but I'd still rate her as one of the most beautiful women of all time. And have you seen Kate Moss without make-up? Don't be embarrassed or ashamed of how you look.

When I was a teenager I was always very self conscious about how I looked and I walked around most of the time with my eyes planted to the ground. I would have disappeared into a hole if I could have. One day, someone I loved very much (not a family member) told me that seen seen me walking home from school and wondered why I had my head down. She took my head in her hands and made me look her in the eyes "you should hold your head high, like this" she said, "you have nothing to be shy about." In all my life, it was the best advice I ever got. The world looks different when you stare it face on.

Em.ma
12-09-11, 21:16
also when i eat all of mouth hurts. im dying. i just want to sleep n i cant.

Em.ma
12-09-11, 21:19
thank you- that made me feel better. i dont believe anyone is ugly on the outside but ive met some people who r very ugly on the inside x

Em.ma
12-09-11, 21:23
i cross roads and put my hand up to my face and face away from people. its terrible- i just wish counsellor would see me. said they sent me e0mail in may we went through my e0mails. nothing from them. i feel messed around.

Em.ma
12-09-11, 21:25
but i feel like stress will kill me- my lifes a total mess- i dont enjoy anything bout it.

Anxious_gal
12-09-11, 22:12
Hey remember all the times you were scared about your health?
Then remember how you were pretty much ok in the end, every time!

That's what I think about, it helps calm me down and realize it's just health anxiety trying to scare me again.

Em.ma
13-09-11, 15:19
Thank you. I try to x

PanchoGoz
13-09-11, 18:17
Hey Emma - great to hear you have been given some help from the doctor. Don't be afraid to accept it. You have been needeing this steop forward for a long time.
When I was 14 someone through a rock at my head and it bled and my vision went pink. You need a HARD knock for anything that bad. Like WHACKING your head on a concrete ground. Not a squishy water bottle.
chow