PDA

View Full Version : Memory..lapse

bukendaa
08-09-11, 14:41
Hey there guys its just Buk..here..im woried that i have dementia at 16..is that posible? :ohmy:

been under heavy amounts of anxity last few weeks...been realy bad 2 weeks these last 2 weeks had a mental breakdown still recoverying...but can you get dementia at 16?? im seeing nurolgist soon

benwithquestions
08-09-11, 15:10
Hey Buk,
I had a mental breakdown when I was 21. I had a manic episode (bipolar). As I recovered form the episode I would often misplace things and forget things, to the point that people around me were noticing that something was wrong with my memory. As I recovered, my powers of memory came back, and within a few months I was %100 remembering things.

As you get your anxiety under control and get further away from the event, I think you will see your memory come back. Often anxiety alone will cause loss of memory, as you tend to focus on what is bothering you rather than mundane things like a dentist appointment or where you put your keys.

qrydem1987
08-09-11, 16:58
I'm sure the youngest ever case for dimentia was on the news a few months ago aged in he's forties. I'm not going to google it as I will never use google for medical advice again but hope this comforts you