PDA

View Full Version : Thought colds were supposed to get better not worse!

MVP123
08-09-11, 19:38
I started with a really awful sore throat on Monday, tuesday came the cough and the aches and pains, wednesday bought the heavy chest and the blocked nose and today my head is full of pressure and running nose, head hurts loads and even the strongest beechams are not helping with the symptoms. I am just so miserable as it seems to get worse each day and my head is a total mess, I am in bed early every night with a sleeping tablet, as it is the only thing that stops the pain for a short while. Does anyone else have any suggestions, it has got to the stage now where I am having a sleeping tablet every night, and for the first time ever I had one in the afternoon on sunday to calm me down after an horrendous panic attack. I have been taking sleeping tablets for more more than 2 years, end even so I wouldn't say I was addicted I do see them as my comfort blanket. If I am ever ill to stop me being scared I put myself to sleep, ridiculous I know, and I need to sort out other methods to help me through the fear instead of aways taking the cowards way out. As that is what it makes me feel weak and pathetic :-(

evil monkey
08-09-11, 19:53
i think that sounds like the right order i get them in, start with sore throat, goes onto cough, then aches, then ends up in my nose. keep urself warm, the aching is your muscles actually heating up to kill the germs.