PDA

View Full Version : Hello, this is what I think is me,

arteclare
08-09-11, 22:46
Hello, I found nomorepanic through Googling my symptoms which I know very well is not something I should be doing. I read quite a few posts on here of people with similar symptoms and thought I would join and that I could post here instead of Googling.

My name is Clare, I'm twenty-something.
In the past many weeks I've been feeling not myself. It started with leg cramps then a numb feeling in my arm and throat. I've been to the doctors more times these past weeks than I have my entire life. I finally told one doctor about my grandmothers death and he diagnosed me with anxiety/stress.

At the moment I have a numb/weak feeling in my left arm and my neck/throat on the left side feels tight. These are my main symptoms which get better or worse but never go away. I keep freaking out and worrying that it's not really anxiety but something worse and I'll stare at my arm thinking that I'll see something. My breathing isn't too good but it's mental as I can breathe fine. The last of my list is that I feel the need to cry for no reason.

I just desperately want to be myself again. I feel weak and useless. It's one thing being told by my mother to get up and do something but it is another thing completely to over come these symptoms and get back into the real world.

Sorry that was a lot but once I started typing I couldn't stop.
If you've read this, thank you for listening.

Clare

nomorepanic
08-09-11, 22:48
Hi arteclare

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
08-09-11, 23:20
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

Anxious_gal
08-09-11, 23:24
Hey
First off see a citopracter*?
It could be a trapped nerve or general tension.
Might be TMJ too.
I get very bad tension in my shoulders , neck and face which can then cause numbness and twitching,
Yes anxiety can be root cause of an awful lot of symptoms.
Have you had any therapy at all?
Sounds like you've been through an awful lot lately.

paulst
09-09-11, 12:19
Hi Clare:welcome:to the forum, look forward to more of your posts when you feel able.