PDA

View Full Version : Muscle pain or something else?

SleeplessFog
09-09-11, 03:36
So I was napping today and notice as I laid on my back I had a weird ache in my left side, up above my chest and below my collarbone, close to my armpit.

Well a few hours later it is back and it aches. I am little concerned. If I touch it, it hurts if I apply pressure. Is this something to be worried about. I haven't done anything to cause me to pull a muscle I don't think. I feel kind of weird, and not in my normal anxious way.

Anybody have this before?

SleeplessFog
09-09-11, 03:41
I should mention I sit a lot at a desk during the day, but I try to take breaks for about 10-15 minutes every hour that I am sitting.

After seeing all of that research about sitting too long during the day + my fear of DVTs and varicose veins, anything that causes achy legs or chest pain sort of has me on the edge of my seat.

SleeplessFog
09-09-11, 03:56
Anyone? I am trying really really hard not to get worked up about this. I can't find any evidence on the net about the likelihood of a DVT from sitting too long during the day. At least not from a legitimate source...google just sends stuff from other medical forums.

swgrl09
09-09-11, 14:28
I have had muscle pain in that area. The muscles of your neck/back/etc are all connected. Actually just last week I had a muscle knot in my arm pit area and I kneaded it out, but it still took a couple days to not be sore. I also get knots below my collar bone. Sometimes both places all at once. Try taking ibuprofin, that helps muscle inflamation because it is an anti-inflammatory.

swgrl09
09-09-11, 14:30
Also sometimes I get muscle knots in that area just from the position I sleep in. You don't necessarily have to feel like you pulled a muscle! Don't worry, it scared me at first, but now I am used to getting them. :)