PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin sample packs

Davevanza
09-09-11, 07:12
Hi,

My GP gave out some sample packs of Lyrica ( Pregabalin) 75mg, twice daily, enough for a month.

The first two days were great !!!!

But after that, I began to develop co-ordination problem, and concentration problem. ( As if I am drunk. btw I am not a drinker nor smoker).

So each time I am in a group meeting of bible study, when my turn to read certain verses, i find it hard to connect of what i read and interpret what it is supposed to mean.

Is this a general side effects of the med, if you are first timer to use it?

lele19
09-09-11, 09:55
I have been taking Pregabalin for 3 days now and I have felt very much how you describe so don't worry. If you look on the leaflet, these side effects are all very common.

belvederebabe
09-10-11, 07:38
These side effects are very common, you do get used to them. I have also been on tegretol for years which is an anti epileptic drugs as is Pregabalin. They are from a group of drugs that are for Epilepsy neuropathic pain, and mood stablisers ( sorry spelling rubbish this morning).

The drunkenness wears off after a few weeks, however some of the side effects like memory problems more physical side effects like the eating I am not sure of.

I am on Pregabilin ( Lycria ) and citalopram and I feel better than I did in years.. I am not saying I am completely better but I am able to put worries out of my head a lot easier than I ever have. I would say to anyone give them a few months before you give up and try to control the eating by eating sensible things rather fattening things.

I am not sure how long this will last but I am keeping my fingers crossed :)

Davevanza
09-10-11, 12:14
These side effects are very common, you do get used to them. I have also been on tegretol for years which is an anti epileptic drugs as is Pregabalin. They are from a group of drugs that are for Epilepsy neuropathic pain, and mood stablisers ( sorry spelling rubbish this morning).

The drunkenness wears off after a few weeks, however some of the side effects like memory problems more physical side effects like the eating I am not sure of.

I am on Pregabilin ( Lycria ) and citalopram and I feel better than I did in years.. I am not saying I am completely better but I am able to put worries out of my head a lot easier than I ever have. I would say to anyone give them a few months before you give up and try to control the eating by eating sensible things rather fattening things.
I am not sure how long this will last but I am keeping my fingers crossed :)

Hi,
Thank you for the comment, I appreciate it.

I was on Tegretol too, for the purpose as a preventative medication for headache. At that time I was hospitalised, so the dose was initially quite high that I saw double vision.
I took 200mg at 9am, 200mg at 1pm, 400mg at 8pm.
And I got my blood checked by the nurse, almost once every 2 days.

I felt sort of drunk. And it lowers aggresiveness. I noticed this when every morning there was a gym and exercises in the Hospital. I did some weight training, but noticed the medication inhibits aggresiveness.
I did help with my headache. But after about a month or so, my blood result showed that my white blood cells were decreasing. My Psychiatrist told me it was dangerous, as it affects immune system. So he stopped it.

As with Lyrica, initially I was on 75mg twice a day.
And yes, the feling feeling of drunkeness is gone after a few days.
But it doesn't help with the headache.
So the Doc increases it to 150mg twice daily.
Again I felt drunk. But it was gone after a few days.
Within a week and more, it seems the medication wears off to me, and the headache came again.

Now my Doc gave me an option, whether I want him to try the maximum dose, or change to Neurontin.
(The reason he asked this, because I mention the price, it is so expensive, 56 caps $189, compared to Tegretol only $5.60 for 200 tabs. And I've tried Sodium Valproate, it only costs $5.60 for 200tabs.)

I need a feedback, of whether I change to Neurontin.
Does Neurontin has the same effect as Lyrica?

Thank you