PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation question - slightly worried

Ambers
09-09-11, 11:24
I am Ovulating at the moment and have 'discharge' as usual although I must say that in the last 6 months or so I have had alot more discharge than previously (I am 43). Obviously this has worried me because of the pain I have in my ovaries 9all checked out ok).

This month tho I have noticed my discharge to be slightly very very slghtly tinged with brown (old blood). Maybe pinkish...

Is this normal, does anyone else get this or should I rush back to my GP :blush:

I am not pregnant!

Hope someone can calm my stressed state!

Thanks

daisydoo
09-09-11, 12:25
Hi. Not sure if its "normal" but i have had this for at least 12 months. Have seen a gynecologist. Had scans, lovely internals! And swabs. She wasnt concerned but didnt really give an answer just it happens sometimes. I am 40 so not much difference but did have my last baby at 39 so always thought that maybe that was the cause?? Seeing her again in two weeks for a follow up so could let you know whats said. Maybe see how it goes this month and next and make a routine appt just to discuss and put your mind at rest. If you are like me you will keep thinking about it. At least your scan was ok so you know all ok. I also get ovarian pain. So bad i thought it was my appendix. But i am a drama queen. Also have bladder issues amongst other things so never sure if its that x

hyg
09-09-11, 12:36
Hi, Im 44 and have suffered with ovulation pains since my 20s. A few weird things have happened since being in my 40s-I also get a heavier discharge mid cycle and I dont always have a full 28 day cycle at the moment Im coming on every 3 weeks !! I also start my period then it stops for a day then starts again ! Im assuming its all to do with peri-menopause. I also have bladder probs as well so like you daisydoo I dont know whats causing the pain lol x

daisydoo
09-09-11, 12:43
Hi. Isnt been 40 great! I was ok until i got to this. Well not aright but better! I also put down to peri menopause. So you can imagine how shocked i was when i was pregnant. Especially after been told i wouldnt have children naturally. Now have two. Thank god for them everyday. Not so keen on sleepless nights thou. It is amazing how many symptoms us 40s share x

Ambers
09-09-11, 12:46
Well thank you girls - and both have made me feel better! I can say I am exactly the same even with my periods changing (more often now). My ovulation pain is bad that I woke up in the middle of the night. I had my last child at 38. The 40's have been one health scare after another x

countrygirl
12-09-11, 11:32
I had ovulation pain since my teens sometimes bad enough to put me in hospital thinking it was a twisted ovarian cyst but when I got to my early 40's the ovulation pain became horrendous and would last up to 2 weeks of the month rather than the few days it had before. I also got massive amount of discharge as welll and then I started on the bleeding between periods and all the lovely things of peri meno.

99.9% of the time all these problems are hormonal, if you had never ever had gyny checks and scans then I would say get checked up on to be sure but as you have had the checks you can wait and see if it settles down before rushing back.

I could write a book on the horrors of the ovulation and bleeding problems of peri meno!

anxietyoverload
12-09-11, 14:17
Hi, Im 20, and last month about 10 days after my period i had some browny, pinky discharge, i asked a few friends and even my mum and they all said they have it all the time, and sometimes our body jsut needs a good clear out! not had anymore since thank fully, cause i was really panicking, but im hoping thats the end of it x