PDA

View Full Version : New and nervous

Lotty
09-09-11, 13:37
Hi all, i am new to this forum and thought i would just introduce myself. I am 26 and have been suffering from anxiety for roughly a year now. I have always been a worrier, which often leads to me working myself up and feeling unwell. I realised i was suffering from anxiety when i was on holiday, i felt unwell and was short of breath, it was a doctor here who explined it was likely a panic attack. Since then i went on to have regular panic attacks, often as a result of worrying i was going to have them. These did improve once i understood what was happening but they are still very much an issue for me. I now seem to worry about everything, mostly in the middle of the night, i work up scenarios in my head and often cant talk myself out of them. This leads to me me feeling sick, with a dodgy stomach and palpatations. This is happening more regularly and after recently going through a break up has gotten worse, i feel like i cant cope at work and have no confidence in anything i do, fearing that it's wrong. I have spoken to my employer and have been assured i have their full support. I guess im just looking to speak to people who have been through it and understand it first hand. Thanks

diane07
09-09-11, 13:40
Hi Lotty

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.