PDA

View Full Version : Terrified!

HazyMind
09-09-11, 14:24
I am terrified right now! I have been under a lot of stress lately and have been feeling so ill, I am hyper sensitive to everything and feel hardly able to move with all this fear going crazy in my mind and body!
Physically I feel an overwhelming weakness and I am very unsteady, I cant walk very much and have to hold on to anything to get my balance. My temperature is high also and I feel so nauseous.
I have been feeling like this for a few weeks but today I have woken up feeling the absolute worse, I have a doctors appt in a few hours and am now terrified how I will cope with getting there and coping with other people today.
I haven't felt this bad for a long time, have had anxiety for approx 15-20 years and it comes and goes a lot, sometimes bearable but other times unbearable. It is the times I feel ill that it is awful and like today feels uncopeable :(

My head is also hurting A LOT and I just think the worst all the time - cancer, heart, ms, argh sooooooooo many worries!!!!! :weep:

Bruno58
09-09-11, 14:28
Ok, are you going with someone to the docs? can you ask a friend to go with you?

HazyMind
09-09-11, 14:34
Yes, my friend is giving me a lift, it helps loads otherwise I wouldn't be able to go.
I just wont be able to cope with lots of strangers today and is making anxiety and symptoms worse but I feel so ill :(

Bruno58
09-09-11, 14:38
try to be strong, I've had the same problem going to the docs, didn't make it a few times when I was bad, I'm a bloke too !!!

Its hard to try and suggest a method to help, talking to someone helps I think...someone at the door back in a minute.....

Bruno58
09-09-11, 14:42
only my son at the door couldn't find his door key...

why not phone the surgury and tell them you can't go to your appointment as you are unwell, my wife has done that and I have too, can always book another when you feel better than you do now...

J.

HazyMind
09-09-11, 14:54
Thanks so much Bruno!

I would do that if it wasn't a Friday, I worry in case it is bad and I need treatment etc so would have to wait until Monday if I don't go today, I will have to face this fear of mine today as I keep thinking it could be very serious so need to get it checked out....

I am in the process of arranging cbt again, it helped push me forward a little a few years ago so am hoping it can help me again as this anxiety can be so debilitating and I just don't want to live with it 24/7.

Thanks so much for your help and understanding and I will try and find the strength today!

And typical children hey! Always losing keys!! :D

Bruno58
09-09-11, 14:56
Yes kid's eh...he's 28 !!! good lad really, running his own business now...I'm the backup plan...!!!

HazyMind
09-09-11, 15:06
:) ........ That's great, sounds like he is doing well! I am trying to motivate my teenage son at the moment...not easy! But yes I'm sure I'll be some sort of back up plan with my kids too! :D

Bruno58
09-09-11, 15:20
I know how difficult it is with teens, only have the 1 but its been really tough at times with him, its essential to take interest in what they are doing and advise and support as best you can, even when they are having trouble and causing it, its not easy being 14-25 these days, different when i was a lad, far too many PC game,mobiles, internet etc which in my opinion is the root cause of most of the teen problems today.

wishing you well at the doc's, just go easy and take no notice of other people, they don't matter at all...just ignore them unless they are friendly etc...

J.

HazyMind
09-09-11, 15:47
Thank you so much Bruno!!! For the help and advice regarding both my anxieties and the joys of parenting teenagers! :)

I also totally agree with how modern day technology influences kids these days and it really does halt the motivation and causes a lot of problems during teenage years which are difficult years enough to get through sometimes, both as the parent and teenager! - Confusing times!

Sounds to me though that your son is very lucky to have an understanding, fair and level headed father like yourself, he will be absolutely fine!!

I am off to face these fears of mine now and thank you so much again!! Really appreciate it all so much, Thank you!!!! :D

Bruno58
09-09-11, 18:31
Hope you got on alright at the doc's..let us know if you can.

By the way I've not always been level headed! had my moments too, about 4-5 of them, 1995,1997,2000,2005/06, 2009, all due to my spine problems.

Take care of yourself.

:)

HazyMind
09-09-11, 18:58
Thanks Bruno!

Doc checked a few things...(temperature - was high but ok apparently, glands, chest etc)..
Came to the conclusion I have a virus, he said he has seen 3 other people today with the same symptoms and has been off work with it himself! Has prescribed pain killers for my head and said it should pass.

I don't feel so frightened now which helps a huge amount, I always fear the worst when I am ill! It is a horrible virus though so I will take it easy over the next few days and hope for the best :)

Thanks for all your support, I am so grateful!!! :)

Also I do think these moments we experience through life increase our understanding towards others and can open our minds to others needs, though these moments can be horrendous (sorry to hear of your spine problems!!!) I do think over the years I have gained a lot of knowledge and understanding of how we as people are from the moments I've had to deal with!
And you sound like a very fair parent and that's not a bad thing! :)

Thank you so much again!!! :D

HazyMind
09-09-11, 19:04
oh and another thing! I didn't have to deal with any social anxieties today as I was the only one in the waiting room! Was so lucky! :)

Anxious_gal
09-09-11, 21:03
Glad to hear you are ok x