PDA

View Full Version : Medications that really helped my panic attacks

Bethie
09-09-11, 15:57
I had debilitating panic attacks from the age of 19 through 24 years old. I had no more panic attacks until 2 weeks ago at the age of 61. The panic attacks I had 2 weeks ago were just as bad as the ones I had in my youth. What saved me this time was good medication management through my psychiatrist. My panic attacks are now gone. I am soooo grateful for the wonderful treatment plan my psychiatrist devised for me. I would never, ever recommend any particular type of medical doctor or medications to anyone. I am just outlining what is working for me thanks to a great psychiatrist. By the way, this website seems to be run in the UK. I am from the United States, and some of the medications that I list might have different names in the UK, but here goes: Xanax .25 mg 6/day; Depakote 1500 mg at bedtime; Zoloft 25 mg at bedtime; Artane 5 mg 3/day; Seroquel 200 mg at bedtime. Good luck to all of you who suffer from panic attacks.

nomorepanic
09-09-11, 15:59
Hi Bethie

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

mikewales
09-09-11, 17:18
On that amount of meds I'm not surprised you are feeling better !

Bethie
10-09-11, 01:15
Of the medications that I listed, only Seroquel makes me sleepy. My psychiatrist told me take Seroquel at bedtime so that I would not be sleepy during the day.