PDA

View Full Version : dosulepin experiences???

nicola1980
09-09-11, 16:38
Hi my doctor prescribed me 75mg of dosulepin nearly 4 weeks ago for panic attacks and anxiety i was then upped to 125mg a week later, my anxiety got hell of alot worse the first few weeks for which i was prescrbed diazepam to help but that does seem to have calmed down a bit now, i still feel very gittery and shakey at times especially when i first get up in the morning, im also so tearfull and crying all the time for no particular reason?? i have read that this medication can take between 4 - 6 wks to really work, i just wondered if anybody has any experience of using this and if it is any good?
Thanks
Nicola x

diane07
09-09-11, 16:40
Hi nicola1980

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Geoff2301
10-09-11, 17:58
I was on this for several years...... used to take 150mg at night for depression. It did the trick at the time and I felt a lot better, a couple of weeks after starting it. I'm very surprised you were given this as I read somewhere that gp's had been recommended not to use it any more as its very toxic if you take even a small overdose.

suzy-sue
10-09-11, 19:26
Hi and ..:welcome:..Id not take them anymore .Go back to the Dr ,there are better drugs than those without that risk ,and side effects ... Gd luck luv Sue xx

nicola1980
14-09-11, 21:37
hi thanks for all ur replies :) went back to the docs yesterday and told him that even after nearly 5 weeks there not touching my anxiety and even tho ive never suffered depression b4 just anxiety and panic attacks that these made me so low to the point i didnt want to get out of bed, hes agreed thank god to put me back on citalopram which i no works for me so hopefully i will start feeling better soon :D
Nicola xx

ElizabethJane
14-09-11, 21:51
Hi Nicola I was on dothiepin for sixteen years. I was on doses such as 150mg up to 200mg. It is an older tricyclic and it worked well for me for years so much so that I was scared to come off it. As the others have said it is very toxic in overdose and NICE guidelines are to to take patients off it. I am now successfully on mirtazapine and lithium. There are others on here who are still on it. I'm glad the citalopram is working for you. EJ.