PDA

View Full Version : New here .. HA very scarey place x

AnxiousMummy
09-09-11, 21:38
Hi im new on here been browsing for months ... searching my symptoms on here instead of doctor google ...

Well my health anxiety started 2 weeks after my baby boy was born and was kicked off by a headache that lasted 2 weeks then had two weeks of constantly thinking i had a brain tumor or pulmonary embolism etc and was having 10 panic attacks a day ...

No 6 weeks on i have managed to control the panic attacks but the contant thought is still there ...

My mother in law died in january of lung cancer that spread to the brain and last week my 24 year old cousin died of osophagus cancer now this week my HA has had a turn for the worst

I am now absolutely convinced that i either have lung, throat or mouth cancer and scared this has gone to my brain

i constantly have clear white phlegm not a lot but it feels like my chest and throat is full of it and i cant clear it my upper back really aches and my whole rib cage and breast bone feels bruised and feels like i cant breath properly and on top of this got achey throat and sharpe pains through throat ... i also have a really funny taste at back of throat but no metallic taste just a taste like bad mornign breath ( sorry )

I have been to the doctor who has given me a blood test 3 weeks ago which came back fine but said inefction marker was slightly raised and was nothing to worry about ( i now worry this was a sign of very early cancer and may now be more advanced )

The nurse at doctors listened to my chest which she says is fine

The doctor has looked at back of eyes says is fine

i feel achey all over tired and worried all the time im trying my best to formulate a plan to control this and i have done okay so far but not sure what else to do

but im still worried especially as blood test showed slightly raised marker and that im getting all these symptoms all the time

Sorry for the long rant

Thanks for listening

xx

anx mum
09-09-11, 21:54
:bighug1:to u. Ive had a similat story i became very anxious after having my daughter i was getting horrible pains manly in chest i convinced myself i had a PE worried me as my mum died from this so i know how scared u must be feeling. Alot of your tests have come bk normal so thats a good sign if u ever wanna chat?

AnxiousMummy
09-09-11, 22:08
sorry about your mum ... thanks for replying to my thread ... have you tried cbt ... been offered it and start first session on monday ... i would do anything to feel better again ... wish that i could believe this is all anxiety

Gemma T
10-09-11, 00:22
Hi and welcome to nmp!

I too have fears of oral cancer. Scared me enough to give up smoking (gd thing really)

Unless you have a monstrous ulcer that won't heal I'd say its nothing.

If your coughing up reams of blood then visit ur doc. I'm sure u don't have any of these symptoms.

I'm sure the blood tests are just a small infection. Being anxious all the time runs down ur immune system so these things become more likely and things take longer to get better.

Take care

Gem xxx

swgrl09
10-09-11, 06:13
Clear, white phlegm might be an allergy. I am experiencing seasonal allergies for the first time this year and I have a lot of that exact description. When you lay down to sleep it builds in your chest and makes it feel congested. Have you been tested recently for seasonal allergies? Might be worth it! Or just try an antihistamine and if it helps, you know thats it!

BTW totally understand the fear of cancer. I lost my mom to cancer this year and I am terrified that everything is a symptom of it. Just understand that this anxiety is also part of your grief and even some PTSD after being through a trauma. Be patient with yourself and kind to yourself. You'll be alright.

AnxiousMummy
29-09-11, 22:03
Sorry for delayed reply ... thanks for all your helpful comments xx