PDA

View Full Version : New day new fear :(

kirstynic
10-09-11, 07:45
Hi so the past week my ha has been so bad, I have diagnosed myself with nasties every day.

Today I wake up and have left sided pelvic/ovarian pain...... Ovary cancer fear is back :(

In April I had a similar pain in started in my left ovary area and radiated down my leg. It was a week before my period and the doctor put it down to this. I was not happy and paid to have a ultrasound down there...... All was clear :).

Now the pain is back again it's like a dull constant ache, I was due to start my period Monday but started taking the pill yesterday to delay my period as going on honeymoon next week.

So please help me out :(
Does this sound like ovary cancer?
Does anyone get pelvic ovary pain before a period?
Would I still get period symptoms even tho I am taking the pill this month and not going to have one?????

macc noodle
10-09-11, 08:46
Have avoided replying to any of your previous posts cos I can see that you are suffering really badly with your HA and that constant seeking reassurance is not really doing you any good.

Honey you need some therapy to get on top of this problem - have you been referred?

If you looked at my early posts you will see that I am a bad HA sufferer and my main focus of fear is ovarian cancer. I have had this for2 years now and am not dead yet!

However, I do suffer pain in that area and, yes, each time it comes, a worry flickers through my head that I do have this terrible illness BUT despite all the posters telling us it is the silent killer that doctors do not diagnose - it is still relatively rare.

You have had a scan now - presumably transvaginal - and they will have seen that the ovaries are clear. So you do not have ovarian cancer.

You have started taking the pill so you could expect a bit of a hiccup in that department I guess - dont know never taken the pill. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on that foryou - perhaps your sheet of advice that came with them covers that off?

You say you are getting married? Guess this is sending your anxiety sky high and making you feel unwell and imagine the worst.

Try and enjoy the lead up to your wedding and honeymoon and dont let the anxiety spoil it for you.

Macc Noodle
xx

kirstynic
10-09-11, 09:25
Hi

Thank you for your reply I got married in may but honeymoon is next week and ny HA is stopping me looking forward to it.

I realise I have a huge problem :-( and have found myself a therapist I had a consultation with her yesterday and start weekly sessions after the honeymoon.

I come on here for a but if reassurance or advice and hope that by comin on here I will not go on google :-/ but as you probably already know once you have googled you can't forget what it says and as I have googled so many different things I seem to relate every symptom to something bad.

I hate being this way and try and change but there is always a part of me that says what if this time it is the big C and that part of me always takes over me :-(.

With regards to the ovary pain do you get it often? Do you know what it is?

I had my scan in April so I fear something could have developed since then?

I appreciate any advice or experiences

bronte
10-09-11, 10:00
hi i get what i think is ovary pain a lot and ovulation pain sometimes the pain in my ovary area is quite bad my dr says its my ibs and i do have back problems that might contribute to the pain but the pain does worry me i also paid for a scan and it was clear but that was a couple of years ago my pain as got worse but so as my ibs but i still worry because even when my ibs calms down i still have this pain so i try to say this is my ibs / backpain so try and ignore it thats what i say to myself because if you focus on a pain it does get worse x

bronte
10-09-11, 10:02
also i always get what i think is ovary pain before a period and during x

kirstynic
10-09-11, 11:07
Thank you x

I sort of wish I wasn't taking this pill as would sort of like my period and hope it eases the symptoms.

I started taking primolout yesterday to delay my period, do you or anyone know if I would still get pre menstrual symptoms while taking this even tho I am not goin to have a period?