PDA

View Full Version : Terrified I Have Kidney Disease!

skyisblue
10-09-11, 10:11
Just last night, I slept at around 10pm and woke up at around 1:30am because I was a little damp from sweat probably because the doors and windows were closed and the airconditioner wasn't set at the right level. Trying to ignore that my mild sweating wasn't a symptom of something else, I fought hard to rationalize. Actually, I woke up WITHOUT a sudden urge to urinate. It was just after 3-4 mins that I woke up when I decided on my own to go to the toilet and urinate. I went back to bed and woke up at round 7am and realized that I "urinated at midnight" or something like that. I've read somewhere that this could be a sign of kidney problems! :(

Also, when I urinated again at around 8 oclock in the morning, I sat down on the toilet bowl (I'm a guy), and let it go. When I stood up, I saw that my urine had a few groups of tiny bubbles in it! It wasn't frothy but there were bubbles! I'm scared I might have diabetes/proteinuria or something bad. :(

I had a urine test last March and everything came back normal. I'm just terrified that I have developed something malignant after that test. I don't think I have any other related symptoms. I don't have frequent urination or the opposite of it, no back pain, or pain when I urinate, etc. I just turned 21 years old last August 21 and I think that in my age, I have developed a big kidney disease and they might fail within the next 6 months! :weep:

Help please? :weep::weep:

bronte
10-09-11, 10:26
hi it is very very unlikely you have kidney disease if anything you may have a urine infection but then again it could be just one of them things that might not happen ever again and urine can have bubbles in it i dont think you have anything to worry about im a mother so of one of my children came to me and told me they experienced what you did i would say forget about it and if it happens again get checked for a water infection thats all x

daisydoo
10-09-11, 12:12
Its normal to pass urine during the esp if anxious. Also bubbles are normal it takes a pressure to pass urine so hitting the water could easily make bybbles. Froth is different. There woukd be other signs if kidney disease was the problem

countrygirl
10-09-11, 13:31
I do not have any kidney disease as defined by blood tests and ultrasound scans etc etc and I have been going to the toilet in the night at least once if not twice since I was a child! I am now 50.

If you suddenly started to pass huge volumes of clear urine many many times a night then this would need looking into but other than that your normal

skyisblue
10-09-11, 14:25
Thank you bronte, daisy, and countrygirl.

I'm just a complete wreck right now. I've finally come into terms with my stomach issues and they have been greatly improving over the past few weeks. But then here comes my kidney fear again. Acck is there no end to this?

Have you tried waking up in the middle of the night just to pee? I don't know if my said experience is a qualification as a symptom of a bad disease. Aaaack!

nomorepanic
10-09-11, 14:31
I go to the loo about 3 times in the night - I thought it was normal to

skyisblue
10-09-11, 14:37
Hi nomorepanic,

Does this happen to you when you sleep? How are your urine tests?

daisydoo
10-09-11, 15:10
Its is normal to pass urine up to 8 times a day and twice at night. I am woken many times by my baby during the night and each time always have to have a wee but its not the urge that wakes me. Im not sure if this is what you mean. It is certainly not a symtom of kidney disease. If i was you i wouldnt even bother trying to find out the symptoms as if you are like me i can "make" myself have these symptoms. All i can say is the symptoms you explain wouldnt indicate any problem. Try not thinking about it for a few days and see what happens. I know this isnt easy as am the worst at symptom looking and always connect them to something.

nomorepanic
10-09-11, 17:24
Hi nomorepanic,

Does this happen to you when you sleep? How are your urine tests?

Well I don't sleep very well to be honest but I am always up in the night for a wee.

I haven't had any urine tests done - I don't think I need to as it is normal for me to go to the loo at night.

skyisblue
11-09-11, 11:13
Thank you again for your replies.

Daisy, yes. I woke up with no sudden urge to urinate. It's more of I decided on my own to urinate instead of the opposite. Ugh, I hope this is just my HA creeping in once again.

Is it true that it is highly unlikely that at my age, I'd develop a major life-threatening kidney ailment that will lead to its failure in a few months time? I just turned 21 and all my urine tests in the past + creatinine levels have been normal! :(

daisydoo
11-09-11, 11:44
You are fine. It is totally to wake,up for some reason and then go to the toilet. Especially if it was anxiety that woke you. As i say i am up numerous times each night becausr of the baby and always go to the toilet. If she slept through i am sure i would as well!! Renal bloods that you have had done woukd certainly pick up any problems. As would urine samples. Relax

skyisblue
11-09-11, 12:35
Thank you daisy, I think anxiety is creeping again in my sleep.

Since I've mentioned my creatinine level test a few months back, could I just ask if you know anything about this?

Basically, my creatinine level (which somehow indicates kidney function) was normal, but the doctor said she'd love it to see it even lowered down. Well, because of that, I freaked out thinking the MD was hiding something from me regarding my kidneys!

Do you happen to know anything about lowering creatinine?

daisydoo
11-09-11, 20:49
Im certainly no expert and dont know why she wanted them lower. Creatanine is a waste product that gets cleared from the body by the kidneys. This along with other things gives an indication of how well the kidneyd are working. So if it was slightly raised and your doc didnt say it was it still alone wouldnt mean thete was a problem. Dont know how to lower it but if there eas a concern it wouldnt have just been left. Nit sure how it works for you but uf you are really concerned maybe ask uf you can have your renal function rechecked. Not that i think you need to what you have described soundd normal

skyisblue
12-09-11, 00:13
Thank you daisy.

I do remember that my doctor said that drinking a lot of water will definitely help in lowering it down since it will help the kidneys remove the wastes from my body. Does that make sense?

I asked her if she should give me some medications re my slightly elevated uric acid, she told me "Of course not!". I hope that was enough for me to shut up. Well, I have a big body structure and I tend to have big bones and she told me that bigger people have naturally more creatinine. I don't know if that's believable.

Last question, at my age, is it really very unlikely for my kidneys to fail or at least have any serious illness? Physically, I really feel fine! I don't have any trouble urinating or whatsover.

Ohhh HA!!!

daisydoo
12-09-11, 08:01
It is very unlikley you have any kidney problems and without any symptoms or other illness even more likely. Creatanine is a waste product from muscle if i Remember right. So i suppose body size could make a difference. It a good idea to drink adequate decaff fluids. About eight large glasses a day. Stop fretting now x

skyisblue
13-09-11, 10:50
Thank you daisy. You are an angel.

Okay, one last insane question.

For the past 2 nights, I've been drinking a lot of water (more than the usual). Before, like I said, I used to drink only 1-3 short glasses of water during meals. For the past 2 nights, I've increased my water intake.

Now what's making me worry again is that I urinate more frequently. I know simple logic would dictate that more water means more urination. But with HA, acck I don't know how to rationalize! I've urinated for almost 2 hours every hour last night to the point that my water became crystal clear.

My mom said I shouldn't worry about this. I should worry more only if I couldn't urinate. That would've been more frightening, she said.

I'm scared that I'm experiencing "frequent urination" due to drinking water a lot.

Sorry for being annoying. I apologize...

daisydoo
13-09-11, 17:08
Ah bless you but what goes in comes out! Your kidneys and bladder are doing what they should getting rid of the excess. If its clear it is very dilute. so all ok. Urine should be straw type colour. I wouldnt drink lots before bed you need your sleep! Maybe have your last drink two hours before bed. If you want to drink more fluids build it up gradually. 8 glasses including tea, squash, water etc should be adequate. Hope this helps you

skyisblue
14-09-11, 17:22
Thank you daisy.

Now I'm not as worried as before because I'm worried about my stomach again. Sigh when will this ever end!

daisydoo
14-09-11, 17:32
I know there always something! At least it takes our mind off other things. Easy to say but hard to do you are fine x