PDA

View Full Version : Hello from terrified newbie

Craig73
10-09-11, 14:11
Hi guys,

I was led here by a lovely paramedic who looked after me on Monday evening after my very first attack.

If I'm being honest my week has got worse and worse and I'm lying here in bed riddled from head to toe wondering what is happening to me

I keep a general blog about my travels and my job, if any of you guys could offer me some advice who share my workload and things I've been doing wring, I'd really welcome some friendly advice

I wrote it here www.craigblundell.net/blog

I hope you can help

Best wishes
Craig

diane07
10-09-11, 14:13
Hi Craig73

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Craig73
10-09-11, 14:15
Thank you for your welcome dianne, I hope so
Best wishes

Thunderbird 4
10-09-11, 20:42
Hi Craig,
Firstly let me congratulate you for being open and honest on your blog about your current situation and how this has caused you to end up with what sounds like quite a bit of stress, leading to panic/ anxiety. One thing for sure...there is no embarasment in what is happening to you.

When my anxiety hits a peak (due to a very stressful job..!!) I can be off work and virtually bed ridden for weeks on end, so that also is not unusual for the body sensations to cause havoc with most, if not all your bodily functions. But I have found the more I fight it, the harder it gets and sometimes we need to just go with what our body is telling us, and from what you say in your blog sounds as if you need some time out to get back on track.

As you will have noticed from this site you are not alone in what is happening to you, and world wide there are millions like us. I know thats no consolation, as this is happening to you, and no one wants to feel they way you may do at present, but rest assured I have suffered with anxiety for many years and have never come to any serious harm from the condition....you just think you will as the sensations and symptoms make you feel as if you are about to die.

Also sounds as if you have had a 'check up' from the doc which will rule out any other conditions which may be causing you to panic in such a way, but from what you say in your blog, sounds as if the energy drinks and caffine is not going to help the situation.

Anyway, just thought I would give you a big thumbs up for coming on here and I am sure there will be loads of people who will provide you with advice and support....heres my advice....no more energy drinks..!!

Take care.

TB4

recoil
10-09-11, 22:59
hi and :welcome: to nmp