PDA

View Full Version : Mucous in chest hard to breath

Anxious_gal
10-09-11, 17:38
Very short of breath, can't really even talk, my chest and back ache, but it's the shortness of breath and pressure pain in my chest that's scaring me.
I rang my mum to come take me to the doctors and it was hard to even talk to her.
My chest keep getting tight , I don't have much of a cough and I can't bring up any of the stuff in my chest .
I also have a bit of a temperature ,
And a bad runny nose.
I tried to sleep it off but I'm really scared now as it's hard to breath :(

Anxious_gal
10-09-11, 22:17
Well I went to the out of hours doctor, he gave me antibiotics and said I have a fever.

I have the worst pain in the left side of my neck, as well as my arms and back and chest.
feels like the flu or a chest infection but I don't remember the pain being this bad, it feels more like my muscles are cramping up on me.

Been using heat on my neck but having a hard time getting my temperature down, I want to wrap up warm but I don't think I should?
It's only 38. degrees C so not too high,

Ugh chest feels way too tight, every time I breath I get coughing fit. But its a dry cough so it doesn't help my chest at all.
Sorry I am a total baby lately when It comes to being sick.

The main pressure is at the base, end of my throat to the top of my chest, feels like something is caught there. Nothing so far has eased it, it also hurts there when I swallow.

allergyphobia
10-09-11, 22:25
Hi Mishel,

I have something similar at the moment, it is really really uncomfortable and is making my throat feel very tight and it's difficult to even swallow saliva as everything feels thick. i have face ache and all my body is aching too.

just wanted to say try not to be scared just get lots of rest and as much fluid as you can. what type of infection did the doctor say you had?

try to have a bath if you have one.

feel better soon:hugs:

crystalshimmer
10-09-11, 22:52
My son and his wife both have this virus. She was at the doctor on Monday and was told it was viral and my son has come down with it as well now. he is coughing up mucous and complaining of sore throat and and a feeling of congestion in his lungs. There is also another virus doing the rounds at the moment,and this one is causing diarrhoea,and bad stomach cramps I didnt eat anything for 2 days and phoned the surgery on Monday only to be told that as long as there was no blood,difficulty passing urine,or continuous pain,then just to take plenty of fluids. I was also advised to take immodium which helped a bit,but didnt stop it. I am afraid this is a bad time of year for all these nasty bugs. I always worry that it might be something sinister,and not just a bug,and my anxiety was going through the roof,especially as I had to make a dash for the loo as soon as I awoke. I haven't been able to drink a cup of tea since this started,and am sipping those isotronic drinks to see if that helps,as I was a bit dehydrated.
I was really worried that there was something really wrong,and was only slightly reassured when one of my neighbours said she had it too.
The chest infection one is really nasty and I hope I dont get that next. I thought I would try and reassure you that it is a viral infection,and its going the rounds.
Hope that helps

Anxious_gal
13-09-11, 23:12
No the doctor didn't say what kind of infection I had even when I asked, I don't think he really knew!
My fever stayed the same for maybe two days and then dropped.
My cough is almost gone but I still have fits, I think it might have been a virus, my mom has a cough now so maybe I gave it to her :(
It was the shortest flu/cold/chest infection/what ever it was , I ever had!

My sinus are still runny and it hurts when I move my head or blow my nose.