PDA

View Full Version : Spacey feeling wont go away?

TammJam69
10-09-11, 21:12
What's been happening is I've been getting really weird sensations for well over 7 months. What's happening is basically I feel a bit lightheaded, but its a weird type, more spacey. It feels like I am having out of body experiences but they last about a couple seconds, and I return again but it happens every few seconds. So it's on and off but this lasts the whole day.

If i don't feel the on and off sensation, I'm very dizzy and lightheaded and things look like they're very flowy, like soft waves are over them.

Sometimes accompanying the spacey - lightheaded feeling is this really weird sensation like theres a shock going through my body basically starting in my head and it goes down my body rapidly, many times. Sometimes when I am in the middle of an episode I can't see or my vision turns really blurry. Even turning my head, it starts. It almost feels like I am in outer space while this happens, it feels like there is no gravity, or it feels like i am going in through time fast. It's a tingling - numb type of sensation spread through my body from head to toe. It's really hard to describe. I also get frequent migraines, and headaches.

It happens all the time, I don't think its my blood sugar because yesterday it happened throughout the entire day, and I bought some juice and some candy with my lunch so my blood sugar can get a little higher, but it did nothing.

I am on anti-depressants and anti-psychotics, the doctor and psychologist thought it was my medication and they moved the dose of the anti-psychotics down and also told me to take my pills at night time. I am anemic and I take iron pills. None of this has helped me though! I am really starting to think there might be a brain tumor or something pretty serious. Nothing helps me, the doctor said to try gravol, but no result came out of that.

(As a side note, I have sever depression and anxiety problems, and other problems regarding my health.)

Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong or what I should do? Some days are worse than others, but it's always there.

Tammy xx

Diva
10-09-11, 21:44
Hi there

I know you've said that you take your medication at night but do you ever forget? I get very similar symptons if I take my anti-depressant more than 24 hrs after the last one. I call it my 'spongy' feeling as I can't really describe it. Until I realised what was causing it I thought I was having a stroke.

Are your meds extended release (XR) - if not it might be worth switching to the same med but in an XR formula.

TammJam69
10-09-11, 21:54
Hi there

I know you've said that you take your medication at night but do you ever forget? I get very similar symptons if I take my anti-depressant more than 24 hrs after the last one. I call it my 'spongy' feeling as I can't really describe it. Until I realised what was causing it I thought I was having a stroke.

Are your meds extended release (XR) - if not it might be worth switching to the same med but in an XR formula.

I never forget any of them, I've been on medication for about a year now. And no, my medication isn't xr, and my family is not covered by insurance so if they cost something I don't think we can really afford them. My medication is all covered by ODSP.

Although my iron pills are xr, just not my anti-depressants/psychotics.

My psychologist thought that what I have is caused by my anti-psychotics because they have an effect to them which make you drowsy. But clearly it's not.

HazyMind
11-09-11, 10:44
Hi Tammy,

Have you had blood tests again to check your iron levels? I have been anemic and experienced similar symptoms then.... In fact I am going through something similar now so I should really get my blood tested again!

It is a horrible sensation and I know how frightening it can be so I totally sympathize with how you feel! It's annoying as it feels like something that you cant control, but lots of relaxation when you can get it will help!

Anxiety will also cause the feelings and it is most probably anxiety related so try (but I do really know how hard it is) not to be frightened as the fear will feed it.

Hope you feel better soon :)