PDA

View Full Version : Terrified I have ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Mark801
11-09-11, 01:26
Hey guys, hope all is well.

Anyways, I've been feeling like crap lately. Let me start off by saying how unfit I've becomes. I've gained over 15lbs and my diet is just horrible.

Took a blood test a few months ago and everything was fine.

Lately though I've been feeling really weak and no matter how much sleep I get I feel tired. I feel lazy and I have o urge to exercise like I used to.

The only thing I do is pretty much walk.

I've also been having weird episodes where i get a flush feeling in my face and back and I start sweating. I 'm a 21 year old male so obviously it's not menopause.

I also tend to overbreathe a lot and that causes a whole set of other symptoms for me.

And lately I've been getting weird pains on my legs from my knee down. It's like my legs feel tight and heavy and they hurt.

I'm really scared I have Chronic Fatigue because I'm so young and I don't want to have a disease. Can this kill you?

I started eating back healthy a few days ago and I'm trying to catch up on sleep but it's hard going to school and working at the same time.

Some of my cousins get the same symptoms as me except the hot flush feeling in the face.

Can my symptoms only be from anxiety? I mean I was diagnosed with it fro docs after a whole bunch of tests came back normal and my most resent blood work came out fine.

I'm just obsessing over Chronic Fatigue now and I feel like I' imaging the symptoms.

Mark801
11-09-11, 03:14
Anyone? I'm really freaking out!:weep::weep::weep::weep:

s11fyx
11-09-11, 08:36
no it cant kill you. its really nothing to worry about. the gp says i have although i think i have adrenal fatigue caused by panic attacks but its the same symptoms.

i really dont understand why youwould worry aqbout it its prob just a side affect of you panic attacks and if you do have it its nothung to really worry about its all about pacing and eating helathy and removing stress from your life as much as possible

ronski
11-09-11, 13:37
Mark the classic and prime symptom of ME/CFS is post exertional malaise not fatigue. So if your walking and not getting symptoms that basically feel as though one more step and you might die and then you get home and it persists for hours and sometimes days. Then when things improve your baseline fitness has declined considerably then I would say that you do not have ME/CFS.
If I was a betting man I would put money on you having Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome, a subtle but disabling illness that is not recognized by the average doctor.

Mark801
11-09-11, 16:34
Thank you both for replying.

The thing is that sometimes when I'm out of my house, I do actually feel like one more step and I'll collapse.

But the feeling quickly fades when I'm home(which I feel is my one and only safe spot).

I'm agoraphobic but everyday I try my best to overcome it by actually going out(school, work, etc). I'm also a bit claustrophobic and I HATE crowds which also tends to make me panic more.

I just wish all these crazy symptoms would go away but with me going to school full time and working all weekend, I feel like I have too much going on with no time to actually take a breath.