PDA

View Full Version : panicin at the future

Buby
11-04-04, 14:05
hi all,

i was round my bruvs yesterday and him and his gf and me mum was chattin and i was just sittin next to them listenin in like u do. but they got on to the subject and baby names and then havin babies. Then my mum sed, that the doctor sed if my bruva was a boy (which he is....i think) but wen me mum was still pregnant wiv him, my mum and dad shud consider termination. becos my grandad had a blood disorder, the doctor sed there was a 50/50 chance of my bruv havin it as well. now im scared that me bruv will gradually get on durin his life and then he'll die like me grandad did. and i really dont want to lose him. i dont think he will get the blood disorder but its just a thought i had.

me mam and dad are goin to see my nan's grave now, im not goin cos it makes me cry wen my dad cries. and wen hes upset he goes all quiet and i dont want to b there and make me upset too.

My bruv hasnt got that disorder but do u think he mite have it wen hes older? i dont want to tell me mam and dad im scared of this cos theyll think im stupid for thinkin such thoughts and tell me its just makin everything worse, which it is but i cant really help it.

hugs Rachel xxxxx

stimpy
13-04-04, 13:02
Only natural you are going to worry about such things.

My mum in law has a condition called "Systemic Erythematosus Lupus" (that's a mouthful isn'it it!) and I was told that her condition was hereditory, not such much on the male side, but on the female side. - Phew thinks me, Steve's a boy, so that's alright.

Then by some trick of fate, I discovered that my mum has "Discoid Lupus" on hearing the "L" word, I had a turn ! Oh dear god, thinks me, Mum has Lupus, I'm a girl, That's it, I've got it, oh my word, no wonder I've been so sleeply lately ..

Now even tho' "Lupus" is a general term, the two conditions are quite different.
S E (the serious one) affects the blood and immune system, Where as Discoid (not so serious) only affects patches of skin.
But that didn't stop me from having a total freak out and asking for blood tests.
Which came back as All Clear - phew!

The moral of the story is, just because your grandfather had it - it doesn't mean your brother will have it or you will have it, but if you are really worried that your brother may have an underlaying blood condition, talk to him.
Just explain that you are really worried about it and it is causing you stress.

You aren't stupid at all, you are just worried, and being worried is perfectly alright.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Buby
13-04-04, 15:27
thanx liz, i will chat to me bruv, it mite help me. me dad has sed to me a few times bout worryin ova nuthin, but sumtimes u cant help it really.

thanx for ure support liz, hugs Rachel xx

Meg
13-04-04, 16:00
Hi Rachel,

Its very possible that this is a well known condition that can be checked for genetically by a blood test at birth and he has been checked and is clear.

Ask to your Mum, she'll know. If you were present at the time of the conversation , its not unreasonable to ask questions later.

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We're afraid."
"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We will fall!"
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

Buby
13-04-04, 18:03
i think he was checked at birth. but it still hung ova me. ive chatted to me bruv and he gave me a big hug and sed if he had it he wud no by now.

hugs Rachel xxxxx

diana
13-04-04, 18:49
Hiya Rachel,

Glad to hear that your brother was checked at birth for the blood disorder and that he does`nt have it.

Sorry though that you were worried so much about it.

I hope your worries have been put to rest after the chat with your brother.

How very loving a sibling relationship you two have.

I know how you feel about going to your nans grave, I get the same way. I cry and feel very sad all over again when I visit my nans grave.

I hope you are feeling a bit better now.

Take care dear,

Diana xxx

Buby
13-04-04, 22:16
cheers diana, i do feel alot better, and me dad did cry at the grave me mam sed, but hes ok now.

stimpy
14-04-04, 00:21
I'm glad you're feeling a bit better Rach.

See I told you worrying about things wasn't silly.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

diana
15-04-04, 16:07
Heya Rach,

Glad that you are feeling a "alot" better now dear.

Glad too that your dad is feeling better now.

Sometimes a good cry is needed. :)

Take care,

Diana xxxx