PDA

View Full Version : Update on recovery

duke246810
11-09-11, 11:34
Hi everyone,

Just thought i would do an update of how im getting on with my recovery.. Well its all been good up to a few days ago, when my dizziness and being light headed got SO much worse, i went shopping and fell onto the trolley because i almost passed out. I want to carry on with this so much but knowing that i could have something seriously wrong is really bringing me down.

Something else that is really effecting me at the moment is the way i look, i feel so out of place and fat. I know people will think this is normal for someone my age, but seriously its getting so bad now. I feel like i can't go out anymore and that my bf thinks im fat so im really ashamed. I feel sad when i eat and feel like stopping eating.. but im not going to do that.. I just need to pull myself together.. :( :/

Anyway.. Im trying my very best to get through this glitch in my recovery and i hope it passes by very soon. Take care everyone xx

Gemma T
11-09-11, 11:53
Im 26 and forever have fat days. Im really sorry to hear your having a hard time.

Im currently in cbt for health anx. I am getting better but you have those moments.

Im sure it will pass by.

Love Gem x x x

jaynjaylyn
11-09-11, 15:52
Whenever I start to feel better I ALWAYS get stricken with the dizziness again, and it starts my HA cycle back up again, but I always say to myself that it will pass and always has for the 4 years i've had HA.

duke246810
11-09-11, 17:49
Thanks for your replies.. I can feel my anxiety building up.. the pains are getting worse and i feel so ill.. Please PLEASE god help me get through this! :'( i can do this, i know i can.. :(

Traceypo
11-09-11, 18:07
You can do this hun, most people with anxiety have a very negative self image. I really pushed myself into attending the gym, where I live they do an exercise on referral for people with anxiety so I was able to access the gym with a lot of support from health professionals who helped me to understand heart rate which was my main concern.

Not only did I find exercising useful and made me feel better about myself I lost 1and 1/2 stone in the process. After the 16 weeks I had lost 5% of my body fat and felt a lot better about myself and more confident.

I also had a very successful course of Congnitive Behaviour Therapy and feel I am more than on the road to recovery.

You sound like you are ready to change your life and although you may have to push yourself out of your comfort zone the results for doing that are worth it in the long term.

Good luck

x

duke246810
11-09-11, 18:24
Thankyou, ive thought about joining the gym but i don't think i could do that. I'd be to nervous.. Ive been thinking a bike ride every evening for half an hour will probably make me feel better.. Going to get my bike fixed and stick to that, maybe it will help me sleep better to. im having CBT at the moment aswell, i feel its going well but not sure how long thats going to last.. :/ Thankyou for your reply really appreciate it, and i will try my absolute best to get through this. xx

Traceypo
11-09-11, 18:30
All I can advise is that you give your all at your CBT. Complete all the homework and I was advised to keep a diary of any symptoms, then I could reflect on these when I felt anxious and see that I've felt like that before and I'm still here.

Good for you going for a bike ride, I can't ride a bike but I can imagine it being very calming.

Hope it all goes well.

x