PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain help !

HazG
11-09-11, 12:19
My chest is really painful on the bones above my breasts even to touch its so sore is making me so worried i feel like it goes into my shoulder and giving me pins and needles in my little finger on my left hand.

help !

dorabella
11-09-11, 14:51
Sounds likeyou have a touch of fibromyalgia/costochondritis. It's quite common in people suffering from anxiety - I have it myself and can describe the exact symptoms you are experiencing except that I have the tingling and numbness in the middle fingers of the right hand.

Fibromyalgia can give you all sorts of aches and pains, usually as an after effect of physical activity - quite often the rib pain (which is actually a kind of soreness in the bones due to irritation of the soft tissue surrounding the rib joints) will result from activity involving the shoulders and upper chest. Have you been doing prolonged computer sessions or decorating/lifting or something of that nature?

Type fibromyalgia and costochondritis in this site's search box and you will see that you are not the only one experiencing this.

Hope this helps.

HazyMind
11-09-11, 14:54
Hi HazG,

I get a lot of pins and needles with my anxiety... Try not to worry (but my god I truly know how hard it is not to worry!) I'm sure it is this blasted anxiety causing what you are feeling!

Have you maybe pulled any muscles in chest area?

Hope you feel better soon and take some nice deep breaths xx

Anxious_gal
11-09-11, 15:14
Is it the bones or mucles that are sore?
have you been doing a lot of moving about, lifting things?
My chest is very sore from the cough I have but heat seems to help :)