PDA

View Full Version : derealisation

Lauren94
11-09-11, 17:30
3 weeks gone of this pure hell and not knowing what to do with myself anymore, constant irrational thoughts, havn't thought like a normal person for so long, infact, iv'e forgotten what it feels like! So determined to get out of this and return to my normal self. Hoping this phases off soon :(

PanchoGoz
11-09-11, 17:50
If you feel depersonalized, make sure you keep your feet on the ground. Try not to mope, go out and see friends instead and do something productive. You mustn't sit and dwell, thats the worst thing. Try some mindfullness exercies. Look this up, it will help "ground" you and increase your awareness. And take it easy, nothing too stressful.
It won't last forever, you can pick yourself up and keep going. You will get better, have faith.
And normal doesn't exist - everyone is different. If we were all normal we wouldn't have such wonderful complex minds!
Take care.

Lauren94
11-09-11, 18:19
thanks so much - Sounds like wise advice, currently trying to get myself back to school, i went last week and just cried and ran home because i felt so distant from everyone and kept telling myself i was going 'mad'. Just can't wait to be better!