PDA

View Full Version : Heart worries continues

sandy40
11-09-11, 18:17
Hi for weeks now ive had chest pain/palps and tightness ive been to A&E loads of times and been kept in 3 times,last week i was kept in and given an echo and a angiogram both were normal,i also wore a 24 hr moniter but nothing happened in the 24 hours not one palpitation,im very low and scared as im sure something is amiss.

anx mum
11-09-11, 18:27
Im glad finally they kept u in. Im sure the test u had would of shown summat if it was your heart is it like an ultra sound of heart. Sorry 2 hear ur still in pain:hugs:

s11fyx
11-09-11, 19:13
if it showed nothing and you had no palps then there must be nothing wrong? surely it must be anixety related?

ive had all the test all came back clear yet i still worry have you had cbt or any other therapies?

sandy40
11-09-11, 19:45
What tests did you have done?

nomorepanic
11-09-11, 20:39
It's not your heart Sandy - that is fine and healthy.

Did you ask them about the other things I suggested it could be?

sandy40
11-09-11, 21:55
They said my a stomach problem but they more or less shippped me out after the angiogram,i got home the next day and they just said they were sure ut wasnt my heart.

nomorepanic
11-09-11, 22:27
I agree - it isn't your heart. What concerns me though is that they need to treat what it is and help you that way.

ronski
12-09-11, 17:25
Sandy at some point in the future you have to make the decision that now you have had the gold standard test the angiogram that your heart is not to blame for the symptoms. To me that would be very reassuring as an angiogram with an echo covers all bases so now there is no doubt.
The only other things that may be responsible for your chest tighteness is anxiety and maybe acid regurgitation, both of these conditions are treatable with time but you have to come to an acceptance and most of all trust your doctors.
You have seen so many now that nothing could have been missed, I know it's hard but try a leap of faith and just try living with the symptoms present, you never know with distraction that one day they will come less troublesome.

sandy40
12-09-11, 18:52
Ronski,i find it hard or rather impossible to believe that its not my heart,simply because of the pain and the palpatations,the palpatations scare me so much,is an angiogram the top test? I do not trust doctors nor tests...simply as they are not 100% but then again what is....its a never ending battle...one i dont think i will win.

ronski
12-09-11, 19:08
Sandy an angiogram would show a problem if there was one as it shows the state of your coronary arteries. The Echo would have shown the structural integrity of your heart eg heart valves, ventricular contraction etc.
Palpitations come from aberrant stimulus via the vagus nerve so again not originating from the heart.
I agree about doctors in some respects but as I said before the more doctors you see the less chance that something was missed, I think maybe you think the same way as me that sometimes Doctors can appear flippant and sometimes uncaring but they have to do a good job or their registration is at risk so do not be afraid as you have seen loads so all bases would have been covered.
If you keep going down the thought processes that you are then heart problems may be the least of your worries as long term stress does carry the risk of getting other chronic illnesses so try and sort your anxiety is out soonest.