PDA

View Full Version : mouth/lips

amzo
11-09-11, 19:55
Hi

Been having this funny taste in my mouth for the past 6 months and have also been getting dry lips. Are these to do with anxiety or something else? I do have other symptoms that may point to anxiety such as pins and needles, lump in the throat, flickering eye and burping.

qaz321
11-09-11, 23:36
Metallic taste in your mouth? Or just strange taste?

I've experienced both, and both were related to anxiety. I have found that brushing my tongue has actually helped in the short term :p

The dry lips have also happened to me. Try drinking more water. Definitely had the lump in the throat, and have it when I'm stressed to this day. Pins and needles in your teeth/lips and your fingers? I've had those.

And what do you mean by flickering eye ? I've had black spots in the sides, strange flashing dots everywhere, and blurry/tired vision overall.

These are all normal, so don't worry :)

Hope this helps! :hugs:

jamie1987
12-09-11, 22:41
Hi

Been having this funny taste in my mouth for the past 6 months and have also been getting dry lips. Are these to do with anxiety or something else? I do have other symptoms that may point to anxiety such as pins and needles, lump in the throat, flickering eye and burping.
Oh my god i said to my doctor about the pins and needles of the lips and mouth and he looked at me as if i was stupid im glad to know im not the only 1

Gemma T
12-09-11, 22:52
I too have had all these symptoms.

The key is to remember that anxiety effects the nervous system and guess where that is? Well bloody everywhere in the body. Absolutely any where can tingle, spasm, twitch etc.

I have constant dry mouth. Its so annoying x x x

amzo
14-09-11, 12:33
I too have had all these symptoms.

The key is to remember that anxiety effects the nervous system and guess where that is? Well bloody everywhere in the body. Absolutely any where can tingle, spasm, twitch etc.

I have constant dry mouth. Its so annoying x x x

Has any medication helped with your mouth? Nothing seems to work for me.