PDA

View Full Version : anxiety chest pains

jo h
12-09-11, 09:35
Hi

I seem to be having chest pains/fatigue caused by anxiety and also can feel my heart beating in various places....does anyone have any remedies to ease this as its distracting to say the least ....:weep:

I am now off the Citalopram and all is going well apart from the above which seems to have crept up on me again.

Thanks

Jo

jo h
12-09-11, 10:32
Paul

Thank you so much for that advice...I really do try not to think about it but
when I wake its there in my mind and I really do think its my heart all the time ...worries me to death to b honest !!!

I will see if I can do as u suggest with the breathing and posture..there is no
one place with the pains though they can be in the middle or start under my ribs at the side and then I get little shooting ones ...that make me stop what I'm doing ....its horrid :(

Thanks Paul

jo h
12-09-11, 12:44
still getting them ..:( it really is worrying ....i guess i just have to put up with it ....does anyone else have any ideas how to relieve them ??? :weep:

I also want to exercise but am scared to as think it makes the pains worse :( x Got no energy whatsoever at the moment ..

SH412
12-09-11, 15:02
Im also getting chest pains :( Round under my armpit and under my left breast :( And sore left arm! All classic heart attack symptoms but im rationalising that a heart attack couldnt last 3 days !! Im just using distraction and thinking of my fears rationally! What kind of pain is it? Im having intermittent pains, wouldnt say stabbing or dull I cant really explain it!! x

jo h
12-09-11, 15:10
Hi

Like you I can't really explain..I was driving on the motorway yesterday and really though I was having heart issues kept feeling dull ache where my heart is ....today I am getting little twinges and pains in the middle :( ..also pins/needles in right foot ..feel really tired ...I got a bad one last week ...woke me up with a pain in my left side under my left rib cage and moved across to middle ..was really scared that day nearly went to hospital :( ..... so in your case is it helping trying to focus on other things ?? I am trying but I can't stop thinking about it ........

Thanks for replying it does help ):

SH412
12-09-11, 15:37
Yeh it is helping but Im also on Citalopram 20mg now and I think that is really helping block out some of the negative thoughts!! Im feeling twinges aswell its like a niggly pain every now and then! Telling myself its muscular because my heart rate is fine and Ive been checking my pulse every once in a while! I think distracting yourself and just keep telling yourself right if Im not ok in 20 mins I will do something about it!! xx

jo h
12-09-11, 15:39
Yeah i think thats all we can do..I was on Cital 20mg for a while too and i have to say had no pains to speak of really but I am off them and really don't want to go back down that route if I can help it :weep: like u say if we having heart attacks it would have happened by now i guess x

s11fyx
12-09-11, 16:45
it really sounds like tension i get this and muscle and nerve spams cos im holding my self so tense. i do ver easy yoga stretches every day also try and make sure ou sitting correctly i have a massarge once a month and also meditate everyday that helps my muscles relax.

jo h
12-09-11, 16:56
thank you for that i have done yoga before and found it relaxes me..so will start it up again...i like hearing that you guys think its tension too as i am so so worried about it :(

jo h
13-09-11, 00:49
Also does anyone else find the chest pains are worse if you get tired???

s11fyx
13-09-11, 07:05
Do you not think it's because you've been holding your self tense all day so it has time to
Build up pAin then you relax when you sleep so the pain eases of x