PDA

View Full Version : Wind and bowels

toni282
12-09-11, 10:03
Hi, I need some advice please everyone! For the last month or so I've been getting stomach ache and really bad wind (I never used to get wind) and last week I had an awful stomach pain witch made me double over then loads of water came out my back passage (sorry it's gross) I'm getting a bit worried about this and I want to go to the doctors but my boyfriend tells me not to and it's nothing to worry about it! What do you guys think? Thank you

mel78
12-09-11, 17:26
Hi Toni,

You may have a stomach ulcer or IBS. IBS is really common, especially if you suffer from any form of anxiety. Why would your boyfriend tell you not to go to the doctor? If you're even remotely worried you should go - in the end it is likely to be quite reassuring for you.

maybeoneday
12-09-11, 19:39
i have it bad and reflux i been put on lansoprazole and its made the wind worse, does anyone find that their wind and bloat makes them not breath properly then go hot and then panic? im having trouble with badly went to my doctor today and he just said suck a mint

Horse
12-09-11, 23:25
Although this sounds like IBS, if you are concerned and in pain then go to your Doctor regardless of what ANYBODY says!

xxlisaxx08
12-09-11, 23:34
I would go and get it checked out but I would put my money on it being IBS. I was having the same problems about 4 months ago and had blood tests and a stool sample test. Everything came back normal so I was diagnosed with IBS and received a prescription for lactulose. At the moment i'm trying to figure out what my triggers are. So far I've found that caffeine and spicy food are triggers.

Lisa x