PDA

View Full Version : Multivitamins and B Complex

Carrera74
12-09-11, 10:20
Hi everyone

I currently take a multi vitamin that has B complex in it. I'm going to give the natural remedy route a go and will be going into town later to arm myself with Omega 3 and Inositol. I just wondered if I should be taking a vitamin B Complex on top of the multi vitamin or if what's included in my multi is sufficient? Hope that makes sense lol :)

zygfried
12-09-11, 16:54
Hi. Sounds like you've got a good, positive approach! Don't know for sure, but I usually take
a good Vit B complex as well as a multi vit and a good Omega 3. Worth googling Omega 3 - I found an article I think in the Daily Mail or the Times about the different quality of brands of Omega 3 out there. They vary wildly apparently. Will have to check out Inositol myself now you mention it, so thanks!

eight days a week
12-09-11, 23:15
I don't think it will do any harm whatsoever to take the B-complex on top of the multivit.

Also, take vitamins/supplements with food because it'll help trick your body into thinking they ARE food and so absorb them better (the body expects these things to be delivered as food, and not man-made chemicals which it doesn't know what to do with!)

xxlisaxx08
12-09-11, 23:52
A good way to know if you are taking too much vitamin B is checking your urine. If your body is getting too much your urine will be bright yellow as your body is getting rid of the excess. The first time it happened to me I freaked out.

Lisa x

M155anthr0p3
13-09-11, 11:05
I take so many I rattle because I don't eat meat.
I will watch out for that illuminous wee lol!

Sammylou
13-09-11, 14:02
I take vitamin b complex and omega 3, 6 and 9 and i have noticed a big difference feel loads better :)

Carrera74
14-09-11, 14:59
Thanks everyone. I still haven't got to Boots to stock up. Just going to do a bit more research on strength of omega 3. It's all so confusing!

kibbutz83
14-09-11, 16:48
Hi Carrera74, just wondering what amounts of B vits you're taking? Boots only do really low amounts... do you have a healthshop near you? Solgar and Viridian are really good, and have at least 20-100mgs of the essential B's (in a multi-vit tablet).. I take a multi plus a b complex with 50mgs of all the b's... if any of that makes sense? They are pretty expensive, but they're worth it :)

mandyselfe
28-09-11, 11:06
Hi i am new to this and was told about vitamins that can help with anxiety.
But am really confused on what vitamins i need to get. Can you guys give me advice on what ones to buy and the strengh. Thanks

ljd
28-09-11, 20:58
Hi i wouldn't reccomend taking too many supplement unless you are directed by a holistic health practitioner eg nutritionist, kinesiologist. i see a kinesiologist once in a while who tells me what supplements my body needs. Vit b and omega 3 often come up for me. too much vitamin b is not good for you

evil monkey
29-09-11, 17:04
My rule of thumb is to take 1 tablet a day of whatever I've got (mon: multi, tues: B, etc). or when i remember to. and also a couple cod liver caps a day. i thiink, the take-with-food idea, is so that the food prompts your digestive juices, to help get the vits in quicker. Having said that I've got vit c, multi, vit b, cod liver oil caps, and I havent taken any of them for a while.

Carrera74
01-10-11, 11:48
I've just kept to the multivitamins as I'm paranoid about taking too many supplements.

Think I might just get some omega 3 tabs and see how I get on with those :)

kibbutz83
01-10-11, 13:16
Cod liver oil is too toxic, as the cod's liver is the filter for all the pollution it encounters in the sea... Just Omega 3 fish oil capsules are less toxic :)

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

I think if you are under huge amounts of stress, your body needs extra b vitamins... the RDA is always an underestimate...

petram
11-11-11, 19:25
bright yellow wee , dont think its a indacation its too much tho , just plain side effect i was told with vitamin b complex !! ??