PDA

View Full Version : Does having persistent thoughts mean Pure OCD?

FM
16-05-06, 01:12
Sorry about asking yet another question.

As I asked before in the other topic here in the OCD forum, my problem is pretty weird, imo. I keep asking myself in my head the same question over and over, and it drives me insane at times when I worry about it. If I ignore it or brush it off, I'll be fine. I'm sure I would never ever do such a thing because I am a very easy going happy guy, but this thought really really bothers me. It has bothered me for a very long time. Sometimes I can't do anything with the amount of worrying that I do. This is the only thought that bothers me, and just want to know if one obsessive thought is normal or if this is pure OCD. I was reading up on Pure OCD on the net and again, scared myself silly. I hope I am just a worrier and that's it.

Wenjoy
16-05-06, 07:23
Hi FM
We all have obsessive thoughts - sometimes I think over and over again about how tidy each room is in my home - this can go on for hours and then I get caught up in whats going on in my day and I forget to obsess. It can be real tough - and its usually us really happy go lucky people that seem to get these obsessive thoughts and anxiety. Hang on in there - you are gonna be fine xx Wenjoy

mum2four
16-05-06, 09:44
If the obsessing thinking is disruptive to you daily rutine than you may have OCD thoughts happening. If your avoiding things for fear the thought coming true no matter how minor the thing your avoiding for fear of the a though or the thought coming true then talk to a Dr about it as you may just be in the begining stage of OCD and dealing with it early stage is alway better than letting get a full hold on your life.

What is setting the thought off thatr makes you ask your self if you want to kill your self. If it image or other bad thought making you wonder then talk to your Dr about them as well. Thoughts and image's of bad things happening that set's of drastic thinking off like wondering if you want to kill your self could easily be OCD starting. OCD can creap in to your life so slowly that you one day wake up wonder where did my life go how did I get this bad.

If your obsessing is interruptive for at least 1 hour a day or more then with or with out complusion you could have OCD. I'm not saying you do have OCD but I am saying talk to your Dr please if your can because the longer OCD gose on undiagnoised and treated the more likly it is to take further control over you thinking and then your life. OCD can get worse if you treat them same as anxiety thought and fear's. Logic will often intensify the OCD thinking if you find thinking logical is NOT working and or making your thinking worse then please seek healp as well.

If this is OCD trying to get a hole of you life then seeking help as soon as posible for will increase you abilty to over come it and keep OCD from taking control of your life.

scoobygirl2005
16-05-06, 12:17
I would say that is ocd yes, I have ocd too and its a real pain at times! Have you been to your doctor about this?

Scooby2005
x x

FM
16-05-06, 18:04
I just repeat the phrase over and over, nothing triggers it. Then I get worried about it, because I just want it to stop for good. I can be loving my day, and it could still happen, but if I'm feeling really energetic and good the thought won't really bother me. It only bothers me when my mind is feeling sluggish and tired. Also I've been like this on and off for about 2-3 years. Only now (for the past 3-4 weeks) has it really started to bother me.

Any more suggestions?

mum2four
16-05-06, 21:08
It sound to me like it may be OCD starting and differently worth asking a DR about seeing a Phycologist if you can.

FM
16-05-06, 22:05
Is it possible it could just be worrying, or something else?

More suggestions please!

mum2four
16-05-06, 22:56
I'm not saying you have OCD but I do reconmend getting thses thoughts dealt with now before thay get worse in case thay are OCD. I alway say it better to ask and be wrong then to not ask and be right.

I als think OCD or not these thoughts are not a really good idea left to deapen or get worse. Dealing with anxiety or OCD ASAP it alway bestdealt with in early stages's.

FM
17-05-06, 00:19
Do you have any other idea what else it could be??

I'm think about seeing a doctor about this, if it persists.

Thanks for all your suggestion, sorry for being a pain with all the questions, lol.

mum2four
17-05-06, 00:38
Ask you self this question how bad is it and how much dose it interfear with you day if your answer is a

NONE- then dont worry
A LITTLE- the wait to see if you over come it on your own
MODERATE- Then maybe it time to think about talking to Dr
HEAPS- The talk to a Dr he will have you answer
EXTREAMLY -The is most porberly OCD(at least anxiety) and ignoreing it wont make it go away.
AGROPHOBIC EXTREAM- Then I would bet Millon dallar's was anxiety disorder and highly proable OCD.

ignore or convincing yur self will not make it go away I tryed it all my life and since I started banging my head at 8y and it just effected me more and more till I became an agrophobia for fear of not being able to deal with life and getting so upset and extream that might upset of hurt people emotional and physicaly as well. I have never hurt any one in my life I could not even fight back the 2 times I was attack by people I careed about in the slightest. I did not let them continues to hurt me I defended but dod not attack and did not speand any time any where near where thay might be for a long long time but I could not hate them either as soon as I got as thought that i wish I could hate somone I use to get so angry at my self that I would self harm.

FM
17-05-06, 01:09
I would say i'm at a moderate. Sometimes I will avoid going out with friends and such or going shopping, etc, because i'm afraid I will start worrying about this. I was free of this worry for about 8 months before, so do you think I will be like this pass in time again??

P.S. Is this something people are born with or do you develop this through your own obsessive thinking, etc.

mum2four
17-05-06, 08:44
Is the worry worse than last of same or better. if it's worse I wouls at least mention it to your Dr for at least record sack so if for some reason it get to a extream point he/she knows it's not just sudden fear Dr take repeated episode more serious than just first time issues in my experiance with Dr's any way.

If you feel it under control and it may pass then leave it at that but avoiding people and place will make anxiety and OCD issues worse so if you find your self avoiding far too much then dont let your fear or your independance or ego or what eva it is that make you fight the idea of talking to your Dr get in the way of you reganing lost ground over anxiety based issues.

FM
18-05-06, 01:15
I guess you could say it's worse, because I am worrying if it's going to last forever. Usually I would just brush it off and chill, but now I have to workout for focus on something else to relax. Before it would bother one week, and then maybe the next month bother me again for another week, and then one day it was gone. Most of the times it was at the back of my mind, no real anxiety. One day left and it was gone for 8 months! It only bothers me if I think about it, I heard in OCD, things just jump into your head, but I have to actually think about it for it to bother me.

I'm definitly going to see a doc about this.