PDA

View Full Version : Hi.. Newbie here.

DaveCarter
12-09-11, 10:56
Hi All,

I'm Dave, and I've came across this site on google a lot recently, as I believe I may have issues with anxiety, and Googling my symptoms has brought me here.

I'm 26 and very recently (the past 6 months or so) - I have started to get what I can only describe as panic attacks. It started originally when I had a tooth out. That same night, going against the dentists advice of not smoking for 24 hours, I had a cigarette and before I knew it, i broke out in a cold sweat, felt like I couldnt breathe, heart racing and tingling sensations across my face and arms. Now, ever since that night, I seem to be having more and more of these.

I've never suffered from anxiety or any anxiety related symptoms before that night. It seems that the floodgates have now been opened, as I'm having them quite regularly now. In fact, I never used to have a problem with flying, however, a recent trip to amsterdam proved an exception to that. Just before I boarded the plane, I felt this horrible lump in my throat, my heart started to race (about 120bpm) and the second the captain pushed the throttle up, I had these horrible pins and needles and wretching across my stomach. I then felt fine about 10 minutes later.

I'm boarding a plane to Florida tomorrow morning, which I'm not looking forward to. My GP has prescribed me with diazepam 2mg, and said to take one before boarding, and another one if I still feel a bit panicky. Uggh, I hate this! lol

So, that's my story anyway.. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and hoping to find more ways to deal with this horrible thing.

Take care :)

Dave

nomorepanic
12-09-11, 10:59
Hi DaveCarter

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

rachel04
12-09-11, 12:32
hi davecarter
how horrid your going through these symptons, i have been having them on and off for 7 yrs now. this site helps a lot and i hope it can help you :)

Gemma T
12-09-11, 12:41
Hi Dave

Just wanted to welcome you to NMP.

Hugs Gemma x x x

FriendlyBrunette1986
12-09-11, 13:14
Hiya Dave,

Here to help and listen anytime :)

Take care

Becks

DaveCarter