PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Iona

WorryBall
12-09-11, 15:03
Hello all,

I was a memeber a few months ago and cant seem to get the password reminder to work so i have re registered.

I have had rather a couple of months with work issues stressing me terribly and then the worst thing for a health worrier - I managed to catch Pneumonia!

My anxiety and panic disorders started when i was a young teenager directly after a flu with high temperature and this was like history repeating.

I got over the fever after a week or so but the fear of it coming back was terrible. The antibiotics I think made my anxiety worse and worse. I had a complete unreal detatched feeling and no energy due to the illness.

I had a couple of horrible trips out to the hospital, GP and when i was a little better to the food shop wiht my mum just trying to get me back out but i was so afraid It was awful.

Anyway fast forward and I have been off work for a month with all this and have some rather painful side effects from the drugs which are worrying my mind but I have been sent back to work tomorrow.

I spoke to the -not regular - GP about the horrible anxiety and she has prescribed my Propranolol which I am hoping will calme me down enough to get back into my routine.

I also have to go to a wedding which I am really scared about. Being trapped in a room having to act normal when I feel FAR from normal is not a good thing.

These tablets should chill me out? I dont want to be on them for long I am hoping just a couple of weeks?

I am in the middle of a course of cbt therapy which has stalled while i have been ill. I find it interesting and I am learning about patterns of behavious but i cant seem to get it to work - meaning stop the issues!

Just wondering if anyone has had Cubital Tunnel syndrome as this has occurred while I have been away and its making my typing a nightmare!!

Good to be back here,

Many thanks

Iona x

diane07
12-09-11, 15:05
Hi WorryBall

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.